Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
t-mobile_us_wildfire-s_unlocked.jpg

[WARN]
  • This voids your warranty
  • You probably can never go back
  • You'll never get an OTA again
  • You may break something
  • You will be bootloader unlocked and can fastboot flash custom ROMs and hacks
[/WARN]

If you've got a T-Mobile US Wildfire S, you probably know that HTC has not released a firmware to use with their official bootloader unlock tool. This gets around that by flashing the European GSM unlocked hboot so you can use the tool.

EDGE/3G still works fine, as does Wifi calling. Of course, your mileage may vary.

• Download this file. It's the hboot and bin file mentioned above.
  • DON'T RENAME IT
  • Copy it to the root of your SD card
  • Pull the battery on your Wildfire S, then replace it.
  • Boot into bootloader mode by holding volume down + power
  • It will find the file, and ask if you want to flash it. If you say yes, there is no turning back.
  • Use the volume key to select "yes" and flash the new hboot.

Next, head to HTC dev and follow the instructions to unlock your bootloader. You won't have to worry about trying any of the RUU files, you've already updated your hboot.

Good luck

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting for this. Have they got anything ready for the VM Wildfire S ? Has anyone got any info on the Virgin Mobile version ? This is a great little phone, I want to get rid of the bloatware without all the trouble of making a simplegold card etc..I don't worry about a warranty cause by the time they get to the boot unlocks for all the HTC phones, they will be out of warranty anyway.

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried this out yet with a US T-Mobile Wildfire S with succession? What are the chances of bricking the phone? I have rooted & rommed phones for a few years now and never had problems..just want to be sure since I want to try this on my bros phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7