SOS! Not enough storage space after uninstalling apps & deleting files (cleaned internal memory). Why?

Katariina JJ

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
SOS! "Not enough storage space" after uninstalling apps & deleting files (cleaned internal memory)

Problem Huawei Acsend G6 phone. Problem- Cannot re-install apps. Android telling me there is not enough space. I cleaned internal memory from pics and videos, there is enough space. I have 30gb Sd card, and I was moving pictures, videos to my computer. Some pictures are saved on SD. There was a problem with my computer (did not read USB when was internal memory in) so I had to delete photos, apps. Now problem is I cannot re install them (there should be enough room because I deleted everything from internal, also left minimum on SD). Have done restart. Done everything I could. Cannot download any app, Not even small one. Cant use anything, because telephone needs updates and updates needs room and phone "has no room". How there can be no room, when I deleted so many things? So upset and pissed. Please help me!:':)':)':)':)'(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: SOS! "Not enough storage space" after uninstalling apps & deleting files (cleaned internal memor

Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us a screenshot of your Settings>Storage menu? http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. I'm wondering if the phone's internal storage is partitioned into a small App Storage area and a separate "Internal SD" area. If so, then the App Storage area can get filled up pretty quickly.

blaziken24

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: SOS! "Not enough storage space" after uninstalling apps & deleting files (cleaned internal memor

Mine does: 4gb, but only 1gb for apps.

Katariina JJ

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the replay. Here's the screenshot:
Screenshot_2015-08-16-20-50-02.png

Katariina JJ

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

this phone is half year old. when i got it, i downloaded many apps, there was no problem with space. Now there is this error. maybe i block something somehow? dunno.. I do not know what else I need to delete just to get few apps back that I had before

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That screenshot says that you actually only have 84.86 megabytes left for applications, which is very little. This leads me to believe that the internal storage is in fact partitioned into an App Storage area (that's essentially full) and a separate Internal SD area.

Have you actually uninstalled all unnecessary apps? Or have you tried a factory reset? You said you "restarted," but I don't know if this means you only did a soft reboot or did a full factory reset.

Katariina JJ

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

factory reset worked ! (i was affraid to do this before, to loose any data)

crucheau

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: SOS! Not enough storage space after uninstalling apps & deleting files (cleaned internal memory)

I have a Huawei G6-U251 with 4GB of Internal storage but I guess I have only 1.12GB for Apps and now I have 219MB remaining for Apps. How can I increase the storage for Apps? Help me please. Thanks

Saimkhan

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: SOS! Not enough storage space after uninstalling apps & deleting files (cleaned internal memory)

Install Aps2sd apk for your device. But for that you have to follow few steps regarding 2nd partition of ur SD card and so on

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234