Why does my Huawei Ascend P7 stop applications?

Paatse

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Huawei Ascend P7 stops applications

I'm having this rather strange problem with my Huawei Ascend P7 (running Android 4.4.2). I recently updated the system software to the new version P7-L10V100R001C00B609 which brought the new EMUI 3.0.
After the update my phone somehow stops or pauses apps. It doesn't close them, just stops. Most annoying of these is the keyboard which disapperas when I'm in the middle of writing something. I can't write a full sentence without the keyboard disappearing and me having to tap the screen to bring it back up.
When I try to listen new ringtones using Zedge for example, phone often stops the music. I also tried watching Youtube videos and the phone pauses the video several times in a minute so watching videos is pretty much impossible. Recordin videos is also impossible because I can only record less than a minut before the phone just stops the recording and saves the short clip it recorded. Some games also seem to go to the pause screen without my input.

So far I've tried to disable all the power saving settings and reset the phone to the default factory state but neither of those worked and now I just don't know what to do anymore.

I rooted the phone while still using the later system version (can't remember the exact version number) and after updating the system the root permission still remained.

I can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem with this phone. Does anyone here possible have some kind of idea what might be going on with my phone?

If this can't be fixed, is there at least some way to flash a new official firmware so it would wipe out everything and start over because factory data reset doesn't fix the problem?

Last edited:

Paatse

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Huawei Ascend P7 stops applications

I can't find a way to flash another official or even community made ROM. I read that I must unlock a bootloader and I get a code from Huawei. I found the page to submit a form to ask for the unlock code but my phone model wasn't on the list and I couldn't submit the form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae