My sister just got this phone 2 days ago. At first it seems to be a really nice phone and good value for money except that there's a major issue with push notifications for apps like whatsapp, Facebook messenger, viber, and the like. When the screen is off you get no notifications whatsoever from these apps. She has to check every app manually to know if she's got new messages. That's a really big problem considering how important social media apps are for people nowadays. I've tried several ways to fix this issue but nothing is working. Has anyone else experienced such problems?
    buddy007 likes this.
    11-30-2015 08:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that there are no audible notifications, or that they aren't even appearing in the notification bar?

Go to Settings>Data Usage, and make sure Restrict Background Data isn't turned on.
    12-01-2015 03:41 PM
    Hello B. Diddy
    The notification aren't appearing on the notifications bar. I've tried everything...data restriction off, power saving mode on normal, switched on all notification for each individual app still nothing works. Sometimes it works for a little while then it stops again for no reason. Even when the apps are shown to be running in the background. It's like the system kills the apps completely and i have to manually restart them again to see my notifications. I googled the problem and it seems it's a very common problem on a lot of Huawei devices not just the G8. I don't know what to do.
    12-01-2015 05:43 PM
    Does that still happen in Safe Mode?
    12-01-2015 06:17 PM
    I'll try that and report back
    12-01-2015 08:34 PM
    I'll try that and report back
    Hi Ismael,
    I'm using the same mobile & I was facing this problem till I installed an application called"push notification fixer" from the market todays morning & it works fine till now. Just give it a .
    12-06-2015 01:31 PM
    Hi Ismael,
    I'm using the same mobile & I was facing this problem till I installed an application called"push notification fixer" from the market todays morning & it works fine till now. Just give it a .
    Thanks for solution! -)
    12-13-2015 07:09 AM
    elmoshkla et7alet 5als ?
    12-15-2015 04:34 PM
    Hi there. I have installed that push notification fixer. But still I do not see badges on WhatsApp icon. How is that push notification fixer work??
    12-21-2015 12:09 PM
    You could go to Setting > Protected Apps.
    Turn on all the apps that u want to get the notification.

When it's turn off, it means after the screen is off, the app will be terminated. If you turn it on, it will let the apps to keep running in the background.
    12-27-2015 04:21 AM
    You could go to Setting > Protected Apps.
    Turn on all the apps that u want to get the notification.

When it's turn off, it means after the screen is off, the app will be terminated. If you turn it on, it will let the apps to keep running in the background.
    None of the above work!
    I have just bought a Huawei P9 and cannot receive any push notifications until I actually open the app. I have done all the above and more.. but nothing. Very disappointing.
    06-20-2016 08:52 AM
    I have a new media tab x2 and have exactly the same issue. It appears to be a common problem with Huawei based on blogs. I have done everything suggested such as power management settings, data management in background, PNF app from play store, notification settings on all apps and device. Unfortunately no luck to date. Has anyone come up with a workable solution?
    07-27-2016 11:20 PM
    I have a new media tab x2 and have exactly the same issue. It appears to be a common problem with Huawei based on blogs. I have done everything suggested such as power management settings, data management in background, PNF app from play store, notification settings on all apps and device. Unfortunately no luck to date. Has anyone come up with a workable solution?
    10-23-2016 01:01 PM
    This help might be late for you and the first person that asked the question, but help me understand:

Is it that you don't see notifications on the lock screen?
    You don't see notifications on the notifcation bar above?
    You don't get notification alert in terms of sound and vibration?
    Badges don't show when there are pending messages (like on whatsapp)?
    10-23-2016 01:06 PM
    My sister just got this phone 2 days ago. At first it seems to be a really nice phone and good value for money except that there's a major issue with push notifications for apps like whatsapp, Facebook messenger, viber, and the like. When the screen is off you get no notifications whatsoever from these apps. She has to check every app manually to know if she's got new messages. That's a really big problem considering how important social media apps are for people nowadays. I've tried several ways to fix this issue but nothing is working. Has anyone else experienced such problems?
    I can help you with that I have the same phone..

Try this..
    1) Open your phone manager
    2) Tap on battery icon there
    3) There you will have option protected app open it
    4) protect the apps you want to keep running..
    5) Done...!!!

Thats how I did that....
    05-04-2017 11:56 PM