battery life is going to be beast in the pro

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Apparently the battery is too big to add that wireless charging capabilities. I'm not too upset, I hardly use mine but it's still a nice feature to have.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Apparently the battery is too big to add that wireless charging capabilities. I'm not too upset, I hardly use mine but it's still a nice feature to have.
It's never too big...it was a design decision. They could have made it thicker or made the battery smaller.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
One reviewer said that's what huawei rep told them. I honestly don't mind. But still a nice feature to have. And a lot of people want it.

of course they have to justify their decision. and personally, i don't use wireless charging anyway, but it could be a factor for those who care about wireless charging.

it's also odd that they didn't include wireless charging, given that both apple and samsung provides it in their flagships this year, and huawei is pricing their phone in par with them.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
it's also odd that they didn't include wireless charging, given that both apple and samsung provides it in their flagships this year, and huawei is pricing their phone in par with them.

Yeah, gotta keep up or get left behind. They don't seem to be doing that. They're betting a lot on this A.I. chip.

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
How's Huawei phoens otherwise when it comes to battery.
Also 4000 mah would be really killer for a flagship.

I think they're generally good on battery life. Most people agree that battery life was a bit better on emui 4 than emui 5. My honor 8 took a bit of a hit when I downloaded the last security patch. I still get 4.5 hours of SOT. I'm hopeful that emui 8 (Oreo) will extend the battery once again.

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
I think they're generally good on battery life. Most people agree that battery life was a bit better on emui 4 than emui 5. My honor 8 took a bit of a hit when I downloaded the last security patch. I still get 4.5 hours of SOT. I'm hopeful that emui 8 (Oreo) will extend the battery once again.
Hmm that's cool considering their optimisation towards the k970 for the mate 10.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I don't think anyone doubted that. Is it better than the mate 9 battery life though?

People's battery life varies depending on their usage. But they did say it's at least on par with the Mate 9. One reviewer can keep the battery last till the 3rd day.