Does it have an ir blaster?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Then you should keep it.
I like other features of the new phones. I also like to buy new phones yearly. The Pixel 2 XL with a 2 year warranty is very attractive but I can't get full screen Youtube to work. The Note 8 has the nicest screen I've yet seen except for the stupid curves. I may keep my V20 another year but I feen for a change. I've never owned a Nexus nor a Pixel so the regular updates and great camera draw me. Torn.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I like other features of the new phones. I also like to buy new phones yearly. The Pixel 2 XL with a 2 year warranty is very attractive but I can't get full screen Youtube to work. The Note 8 has the nicest screen I've yet seen except for the stupid curves. I may keep my V20 another year but I feen for a change. I've never owned a Nexus nor a Pixel so the regular updates and great camera draw me. Torn.

Definitely. So many good choices. Hard call to make

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
You're gonna miss your wide angle camera. I will once I part ways with my G6

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Never use it. V20 rep for good camera exaggerated imo. Note 7 WAY better. For manual users might be different. I find wide angle distorted and useless.

Certainly, it is not for everyone. I enjoyed the note 7 camera too

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I always wanted to try a wide angle camera like on lg. Although I am pretty sour with lg so wasn't tempted enough to get one
I have no complaints. That bootloop thing that ruined so many phones never hit V20. I even learned to like the LCD.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have no complaints. That bootloop thing that ruined so many phones never hit V20. I even learned to like the LCD.
That's good to hear. My LG G4 bootlooped and LG wouldn't warranty it because it was the h815. But besides that the g4 had a horrible touchscreen, and the camera shutter time in low light was atrocious. Oh and battery life sucked.

But anyway glad to hear that the v20 was OK for you.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That's good to hear. My LG G4 bootlooped and LG wouldn't warranty it because it was the h815. But besides that the g4 had a horrible touchscreen, and the camera shutter time in low light was atrocious. Oh and battery life sucked.

But anyway glad to hear that the v20 was OK for you.
Wow.,extraordinary considering your experience. I don't like the camera but it does take low light shots. The problem isn't the camera really it's the software that runs it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow.,extraordinary considering your experience. I don't like the camera but it does take low light shots. The problem isn't the camera really it's the software that runs it.

Yeah I am usually OK with any phone but that was junk for the original price. Software wasn't good on the g4 but the other issues were much worse,for my uses anyway.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I always wanted to try a wide angle camera like on lg. Although I am pretty sour with lg so wasn't tempted enough to get one
This is my fav feature the phone has to offer. It's great. Imma miss it if I go back to another company. I know Asus has one as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781