Mate 10 desktop mode

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I like it and see it as a way to truly show how powerful our handsets are.

I believe with the correct peripherals, phones like the Mate10 and this Desktop EMUI can really help people not have to lug around their laptops for when they get home and just want to quickly do something on a larger display.

This is a nice replacement for tablets.
I don't really see this as a replacement for tablets as you can't directly interact with whatever screen you are connecting or to... You still need to use the phone or a keyboard and mouse

Djlarocca

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't really see this as a replacement for tablets as you can't directly interact with whatever screen you are connecting or to... You still need to use the phone or a keyboard and mouse

Agreed, and you can't really use this in bed or on a couch. this is more if you have emergency work that need to get done while on vacation or something. Just plug into an HDMI port and your good to go.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, and you can't really use this in bed or on a couch. this is more if you have emergency work that need to get done while on vacation or something. Just plug into an HDMI port and your good to go.

This is also nice when I go to my parents house and want to share pictures or video on a large screen. At home I have a shield, but my parents don't have anything to achieve this.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
So, if you can't charge it while in the desktop mode, how is this much better than using a Google Chromecast to mirror your screen on a TV or monitor?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So, if you can't charge it while in the desktop mode, how is this much better than using a Google Chromecast to mirror your screen on a TV or monitor?
It's better than a chromecast because you don't need a wifi network.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How fast is it ?
It's pretty good for browsing on the internet. There are limitations though like some apps only work in a small window, although there's a hack for that. It also isn't as optimized as the phone.

All in all though... Browsing the web or writing a long report is much better on the dex

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
It's pretty good for browsing on the internet. There are limitations though like some apps only work in a small window, although there's a hack for that. It also isn't as optimized as the phone.

All in all though... Browsing the web or writing a long report is much better on the dex

This was targeted for businesses right ? If that's all it can do, sounds pretty weak tbh

musicphotolife

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
I tested plugging the Mate 10 to a portable USB monitor, and I was amazed that it works. I thought this is really exciting because I can truly carry the Mate 10 and a large display without additional batteries or AC power to get highly productive.
ASUS_ZenScreen_MB16AC_9.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm