03-19-2018 07:28 PM
108 123 ...
tools
    Emui Desktop is a cool new feature that hasn't really been talked about a lot. Looks like its implemented a little better than how Samsung is doing it with Dex. Still, can't decide if this is gimmicky or a solid feature. I guess we'll find out when more people can test it.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...i-desktop.html
    10-20-2017 09:49 PM
    I agree, it looks very slick although I'm not sure what apps you can run in it but I would imagine that you'd be able to run Google office apps. I may just have to upgrade my mate 9.
    10-21-2017 07:17 AM
    I agree, it looks very slick although I'm not sure what apps you can run in it but I would imagine that you'd be able to run Google office apps. I may just have to upgrade my mate 9.
    I think all apps will run on it. It just depends wether their optimized for it or not. I think the article said something about letter boxing non-optimized apps.
    10-21-2017 08:08 AM
    Can you charge while using the desktop mode like you can on the dex?
    10-23-2017 12:01 AM
    I don't think so. I could a swore I read something about it but can't find it now.
    dpham00 likes this.
    10-23-2017 11:57 AM
    I don't think so. I could a swore I read something about it but can't find it now.
    That's a big deal for me... Because I sometimes use desktop mode for hours at a time.
    10-23-2017 01:22 PM
    From one of the reviews I saw on it, I am fairly certain that they specifically said it will not charge while in desktop mode. But the battery is supposed to be ridiculous on it so it might not matter. I will see if I can find the review and post a link to it.

Found it, its Mr. Mobile's Hands On with the Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro

It's not linking to the correct section for some reason. Skip ahead to 3 mins and 18 seconds to see where he discusses the desktop mode.
    dpham00 likes this.
    10-23-2017 02:51 PM
    Yes thank you! That's where I saw it! It was driving me crazy!
    10-23-2017 03:11 PM
    Thanks for the info. I prefer to have the option to charge really as sometimes I am using desktop mode when my phone is nearly depleted,and a few hours use might be enough for the phone to go dead if not then I really have to charge it afterwards. I could adjust the way I use my phone but it's just a little inconvenient.
    10-23-2017 06:26 PM
    Thanks for the info. I prefer to have the option to charge really as sometimes I am using desktop mode when my phone is nearly depleted,and a few hours use might be enough for the phone to go dead if not then I really have to charge it afterwards. I could adjust the way I use my phone but it's just a little inconvenient.
    Definitely inconvenient and seems counterintuitive.
    10-23-2017 10:34 PM
    Definitely inconvenient and seems counterintuitive.
    Yeah it is. Hopefully there will be a charge solution later
    10-24-2017 01:25 AM
    I'm sure that they will "hopefully" address this in a software update later.
    10-24-2017 08:10 AM
    I'm sure that they will "hopefully" address this in a software update later.
    I wonder if it depends on what you plug into. Are monitors designed to transfer power to charge devices?
    10-24-2017 09:21 AM
    I don't know if you'd be able to charge it through the monitor as I don't believe that HDMI can run power, though I could be completely mistaken on that. My thoughts were more along the lines of allowing a USB splitter/adapter to supply power in while sending video and audio out.
    Djlarocca likes this.
    10-24-2017 09:31 AM
    I don't know if you'd be able to charge it through the monitor as I don't believe that HDMI can run power, though I could be completely mistaken on that. My thoughts were more along the lines of allowing a USB splitter/adapter to supply power in while sending video and audio out.
    It did say you can use a keyboard or mouse if you use a splitter so maybe it's possible.
    10-24-2017 09:43 AM
    It did say you can use a keyboard or mouse if you use a splitter so maybe it's possible.
    That's good to hear. Hopefully it is possible. Being able to use a usb keyboard and mouse is great too
    Djlarocca likes this.
    10-25-2017 12:42 AM
    That's good to hear. Hopefully it is possible. Being able to use a usb keyboard and mouse is great too
    True, there's also an option to use the phone as a mouse/track pad which is a neat little touch.
    10-25-2017 07:27 AM
    I really like this feature!
    10-25-2017 11:21 AM
    True, there's also an option to use the phone as a mouse/track pad which is a neat little touch.
    It would be interesting to see how well it works compared to a real mouse /track pad. Obviously you can use it on the go, but not sure how useful it is in normal desktop usage when you have a mouse
    10-25-2017 02:56 PM
    I like it and see it as a way to truly show how powerful our handsets are.

I believe with the correct peripherals, phones like the Mate10 and this Desktop EMUI can really help people not have to lug around their laptops for when they get home and just want to quickly do something on a larger display.

This is a nice replacement for tablets.
    10-27-2017 03:26 PM
    I like it and see it as a way to truly show how powerful our handsets are.

I believe with the correct peripherals, phones like the Mate10 and this Desktop EMUI can really help people not have to lug around their laptops for when they get home and just want to quickly do something on a larger display.

This is a nice replacement for tablets.
    I don't really see this as a replacement for tablets as you can't directly interact with whatever screen you are connecting or to... You still need to use the phone or a keyboard and mouse
    10-28-2017 10:24 AM
    I don't really see this as a replacement for tablets as you can't directly interact with whatever screen you are connecting or to... You still need to use the phone or a keyboard and mouse
    Agreed, and you can't really use this in bed or on a couch. this is more if you have emergency work that need to get done while on vacation or something. Just plug into an HDMI port and your good to go.
    10-28-2017 11:31 AM
    Agreed, and you can't really use this in bed or on a couch. this is more if you have emergency work that need to get done while on vacation or something. Just plug into an HDMI port and your good to go.
    This is also nice when I go to my parents house and want to share pictures or video on a large screen. At home I have a shield, but my parents don't have anything to achieve this.
    10-29-2017 12:10 AM
    Yeah, the fact that it's plug and play no messing set up is a really nice feature.
    10-31-2017 11:28 PM
    Pretty good review over at Androidpit. And it sounds like they are charging it while in use!

https://www.androidpit.com/mate-10-p...jection-review
    11-01-2017 09:16 AM
108 123 ...