Who makes the OLED panel on the Pro model?

Lucky7Phone

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
With the issues on the LG V30 and Google Pixel 2 XL screen, I am worried that it will happen to the Huawei Mate 10 Pro. The common thread between the V30 and the Pixel 2 XL is that LG provides the OLED screen for both. So does anyone who is providing Huawei the OLED panel? I hope it's not LG. If it is, I may have to reconsider getting another phone and that's damn shame because I was really like this phone.

Lucky7Phone

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I just watched a Q&A with Tech Radar and first off, they say for sure, it's not an LG panel so that's good. Second, someone in the comment section said that the screen is actually made by a Chinese company called BOE. I don't know how good their quality is but I assume that Chinese OEMs will be using their panels.

Also, last time I heard, JDI is making 18:9 LCD displays, not OLED.

Lucky7Phone

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I just watched a Q&A with Tech Radar and first off, they say for sure, it's not an LG panel so that's good. Second, someone in the comment section said that the screen is actually made by a Chinese company called BOE. I don't know how good their quality is but I assume that Chinese OEMs will be using their panels.

Also, last time I heard, JDI is making 18:9 LCD displays, not OLED.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just remember though that Japan display isn't known for oled, just like lg isn't. So the quality of the oled panel is unknown. But what we do know is that Apple chose not to use a Japan display oled display for their iPhone x,instead they are using Samsung... And I am sure Apple prefers to use components from vendors other than Samsung when possible.

xplod566

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Well lg LCD panels are fine. It's only their new oled panels that have issues.
I have v20 and a lot of the v20 are suffering from this problem .
It's basically coz the device is slim and when the device gets heated up including the panel it tends to show retention
I hope the you tube bloggers get to know this soon

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
It's not LG or JDI, it's one of the largest Chinese OLED panel makers BOE. Several reviewers have said the one on the Mate 10 Pro is way better than the panels on the Pixel XL2 and LG V30.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not LG or JDI, it's one of the largest Chinese OLED panel makers BOE. Several reviewers have said the one on the Mate 10 Pro is way better than the panels on the Pixel XL2 and LG V30.
How does it compare to the note 8?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante