11-14-2017 06:21 PM
43 12
tools
    Looks like pre-orders went pretty well for Huawei.

10,000 Huawei Mate 10 pre-order units all SOLD OUT | TechNave
    lepra87 likes this.
    10-23-2017 10:38 PM
    10,000 units... come on !!
    10-24-2017 03:55 AM
    10,000 units... come on !!
    Ha I know. Not much. But sound like it was more than they expected.
    10-24-2017 09:26 AM
    From the article probably suggests Malaysia only.

Not seen any definitive release details for where I am in the UK yet.
    10-24-2017 09:35 AM
    I was ALMOST ready to be mad, since I had not heard about a pre-order, BUT that's because it's NOT the US. I've been waiting for this one!
    10-25-2017 11:18 AM
    I was ALMOST ready to be mad, since I had not heard about a pre-order, BUT that's because it's NOT the US. I've been waiting for this one!
    Correct,I think the US is in round two of the release schedule.
    10-25-2017 12:19 PM
    10k? That's a pretty small preorder amount
    10-25-2017 05:08 PM
    10k? That's a pretty small preorder amount
    That's for Malaysia only, preorders have already surpassed 1 million in China and have yet to begin in a lot of other regions.
    10-27-2017 01:51 AM
    That's for Malaysia only, preorders have already surpassed 1 million in China and have yet to begin in a lot of other regions.
    Thanks for the clarification! Sounds like this phone will sell like hotcakes!
    10-27-2017 07:53 AM
    Ah ok. I was going to say... 10k...that's essentially nothing.
    10-27-2017 08:20 AM
    Yah 10k isn't something to brag about lol
    11-02-2017 03:00 PM
    Yah 10k isn't something to brag about lol
    Well I am not familiar with the mobile market in Malaysia... But it does feel low
    11-02-2017 04:41 PM
    Even if the market is low, 10k just sounds low. But if that's alot to them, then great for huawei.
    11-02-2017 10:41 PM
    Even if the market is low, 10k just sounds low. But if that's alot to them, then great for huawei.
    Well they did brag about it so obviously it meant something to them
    11-02-2017 11:57 PM
    They got 10k in preorders in a region where preorders aren't a thing. I live in South East Asia and preorders really aren't advertised a lot here since a lot of people don't do that. The mentality is usually I want to actually see it first. What happens to the freebies is that they go for higher contract fees to get 'freebies', lower ones means you get the phone only.

If I remember correctly, in my country, Samsung hitting 15k preorders for the S8 was huge. So yes, 10k preorders for Huawei is huge from a relative point of view.
    11-03-2017 12:38 AM
    Oh that's great to hear
    11-03-2017 12:49 AM
    They got 10k in preorders in a region where preorders aren't a thing. I live in South East Asia and preorders really aren't advertised a lot here since a lot of people don't do that. The mentality is usually I want to actually see it first. What happens to the freebies is that they go for higher contract fees to get 'freebies', lower ones means you get the phone only.

If I remember correctly, in my country, Samsung hitting 15k preorders for the S8 was huge. So yes, 10k preorders for Huawei is huge from a relative point of view.
    Thanks for clarifying. That's pretty impressive if they got 10k when the s8 was 15k
    11-03-2017 08:05 AM
    Thanks for clarifying. That's pretty impressive if they got 10k when the s8 was 15k
    Yeah. Thing is people here mostly don't realize when new phones come out and they're always surprised that a new one has arrived. Looking on the internet for the next phone isn't a thing except for the minority of the tech inclined. People here save up money, then walk to a shop and see the best bang for buck they can get. Overwhelming majority of the people go prepaid on their networks too. It's a running joke sometimes here that people have nice phones but no credits for data, calls or sms. Lol. But going prepaid means buying phones outright, and preorder prices are higher than buying when the thing has arrived, so people tend to wait like at least 2mos after release. To be honest, even iPhone fans here call people who line up at Apple Stores to get the latest iPhone stupid. That doesn't happen here as much as it does in other countries.

To be honest that's why sometimes I'm envious of other countries getting lots of freebies lol. I guess it's a trade off since you'll almost never experience the horror stories in terms of support here because nearly every brand here has a brick and mortar store in every other mall you can take a damaged device to. No need to deal with customer support via calls.
    11-03-2017 08:38 AM
    As long as they find the best phone that fits for them then it's all good.
    11-03-2017 09:12 AM
    Yeah. Thing is people here mostly don't realize when new phones come out and they're always surprised that a new one has arrived. Looking on the internet for the next phone isn't a thing except for the minority of the tech inclined. People here save up money, then walk to a shop and see the best bang for buck they can get. Overwhelming majority of the people go prepaid on their networks too. It's a running joke sometimes here that people have nice phones but no credits for data, calls or sms. Lol. But going prepaid means buying phones outright, and preorder prices are higher than buying when the thing has arrived, so people tend to wait like at least 2mos after release. To be honest, even iPhone fans here call people who line up at Apple Stores to get the latest iPhone stupid. That doesn't happen here as much as it does in other countries.

To be honest that's why sometimes I'm envious of other countries getting lots of freebies lol. I guess it's a trade off since you'll almost never experience the horror stories in terms of support here because nearly every brand here has a brick and mortar store in every other mall you can take a damaged device to. No need to deal with customer support via calls.
    Well that's only true of apple devices. Other manufacturers, you can't just bring in a device.
    11-03-2017 10:55 AM
    More companies should offer freebies. Helps the sales and consumers out with deals
    11-06-2017 11:01 PM
    More companies should offer freebies. Helps the sales and consumers out with deals
    I would rather them offer a lower price over freebies that may or may by not be useful
    11-07-2017 03:22 PM
    I would rather them offer a lower price over freebies that may or may by not be useful
    That would be better, but they won't do that. So I'll take the freebies then sale them.
    11-07-2017 07:02 PM
    That would be better, but they won't do that. So I'll take the freebies then sale them.
    I don't agree. I would personally prefer lower prices, even temporarily over freebies.
    11-07-2017 07:15 PM
    I don't agree. I would personally prefer lower prices, even temporarily over freebies.
    Don't get me wrong, I'll take cheaper pricing anyday. But they haven't done that yet. They've offer freebies instead. Sell the freebies and you'll get a great deal
    11-07-2017 07:35 PM
43 12