New battery charge percentage, what should it be?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. Battery has performed well so far, around 40% left at end of day. Although there have been some inconsistencies such as when leaving it overnight then checking the percentage in the morning it will be the same as it was before I went to bed then it will suddenly drop about 4%. So seems to be a delay with displaying the correct percentage. Does anyone know of an app that may show a more accurate percentage?

Have also noticed the percentage dropping rapidly once the battery hits around the 8% mark i.e. It will go from 7% to 5% in a number of minutes then to 4% in minute later. Seen this in older phones but not in new ones. I don't normally let my phones drop below 20% but will keep an eye on this.
Yeah the battery meter tends to be like that on this phone it seems.

As I type this, it's been sitting at 100% since taking it off charge almost an hour ago, despite all my usage. It's reminiscent of Apples batter meter, it does the same thing.
fbb81c1f87381d7bb2d7b94f5dedc181.jpg
80dec55ba4979b56944a32553748f326.jpg

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the lower battery percentage. It might have even been shipped that way on purpose considering the Samsung Note 7 battery issue last year.

I've heard very good things about the battery life with the Mate 10 Pro. I've used several battery monitoring apps, including 3C Battery Monitor, AccuBattery, and GSam. 3C and GSam gives me a better graph than the what is with EMUI 5.0, and they indicate the power consumption of running apps.

I rarely let my battery fall below 10% to 15%. Not supposed to be good for the battery to drain it all the way.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
The Mate10 Pro is a battery champ, I am seriously impressed with its battery life, it seems to get better by the week.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. Battery has performed well so far, around 40% left at end of day. Although there have been some inconsistencies such as when leaving it overnight then checking the percentage in the morning it will be the same as it was before I went to bed then it will suddenly drop about 4%. So seems to be a delay with displaying the correct percentage. Does anyone know of an app that may show a more accurate percentage?

Have also noticed the percentage dropping rapidly once the battery hits around the 8% mark i.e. It will go from 7% to 5% in a number of minutes then to 4% in minute later. Seen this in older phones but not in new ones. I don't normally let my phones drop below 20% but will keep an eye on this.
Dropping 0-4% overnight is fine. The larger drop could be because something was downloading or running in the background on those days

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the battery meter tends to be like that on this phone it seems.

As I type this, it's been sitting at 100% since taking it off charge almost an hour ago, despite all my usage. It's reminiscent of Apples batter meter, it does the same thing.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171210/fbb81c1f87381d7bb2d7b94f5dedc181.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171210/80dec55ba4979b56944a32553748f326.jpg
I was never a fan of phones with a dead zone after charging but I understand why they do it

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the lower battery percentage. It might have even been shipped that way on purpose considering the Samsung Note 7 battery issue last year.

I've heard very good things about the battery life with the Mate 10 Pro. I've used several battery monitoring apps, including 3C Battery Monitor, AccuBattery, and GSam. 3C and GSam gives me a better graph than the what is with EMUI 5.0, and they indicate the power consumption of running apps.

I rarely let my battery fall below 10% to 15%. Not supposed to be good for the battery to drain it all the way.
Those two apps are my favorite as well. I really like the detail that they give.