"ok google" doesn't work when screen off?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So I guess that the mate 10 doesn't support "ok google" to run when screen off. but supports their useless wake up voice ?

Correct. There is a workaround that lets you use Huawei's wake up command to trigger Google Assistant instead using Tasker. You can even change the wake up command to OK Google so it's pretty seamless. Not perfect but at least something of its that's important to you. I used it for around a week then just gave up with it.

Shad181

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
Correct. There is a workaround that lets you use Huawei's wake up command to trigger Google Assistant instead using Tasker. You can even change the wake up command to OK Google so it's pretty seamless. Not perfect but at least something of its that's important to you. I used it for around a week then just gave up with it.

why gave up with it?
it is an AI phone and all the hype and doesn't support the trigger of ok google... i m not sure if it is google side or huawei... shame.

Shad181

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
ALso, i did try the tasker, and i was able to launch the assistant once the voicewakeup launches.. but the assistant is not doing anything... i asked it to set the timer, and it just keeps showing 3 dots, and not doing anything probably because the phone is locked?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34