Hi Guys,

Currently looking at buying the mate 10 Pro outright. You can currently get it for £529 in the UK which I think is a good price for what the phone offers.

I'm coming from a Pixel XL which I can get £200 for trade in or more if I sell privately.

Do you guys think the mate 10 Pro is worth the money? What's its strong points and weak points?

Thanks.
    03-02-2018 12:24 PM
    No weak points, fantastic camera, brilliant 6" screen. Battery 4000mah.
    I can't fault it coming from a galaxy s8 plus. I have been using it non stop for 13 hours and still have 61% left on battery. I just love it. 😁 go for it!! Get it John Lewis or carphone warehouse. You get a 2 year Huawei guarantee included.
    CTalman likes this.
    03-02-2018 12:42 PM
    No weak points, fantastic camera, brilliant 6" screen. Battery 4000mah.
    I can't fault it coming from a galaxy s8 plus. I have been using it non stop for 13 hours and still have 61% left on battery. I just love it. 😁 go for it!! Get it John Lewis or carphone warehouse. You get a 2 year Huawei guarantee included.
    Thanks for info. All sounds positive!

I had an s8+ before my pixel XL (I like trying different phones out!).

Pixel XL has a lot of positives but I'm yet to try out a Huawei phone and this model ticks a lot of boxes!
    03-02-2018 02:08 PM
    Hi Guys,

Currently looking at buying the mate 10 Pro outright. You can currently get it for £529 in the UK which I think is a good price for what the phone offers.

I'm coming from a Pixel XL which I can get £200 for trade in or more if I sell privately.

Do you guys think the mate 10 Pro is worth the money? What's its strong points and weak points?

Thanks.
    Absolutely worth the money. I got mine from Carphone Warehouse a week ago and the only thing I miss from my Note 8 before it is the S-Pen but my Mate 10 Pro cost me £340 less. EMUI takes a little getting used to it if you haven't had Huawei or Honor phones before but once you do I find it really good. Don't expect updates as often as your Pixel though. Mine is still on November's security patch
    CTalman likes this.
    03-02-2018 05:14 PM
    I've just read the thread where someone is saying they hear a slight crackle when listening to music using Bluetooth.
    I listen to a lot of music from Spotify on Bluetooth headphones, can you guys confirm if you have the crackling issue?
    03-03-2018 12:47 AM
    I've just read the thread where someone is saying they hear a slight crackle when listening to music using Bluetooth.
    I listen to a lot of music from Spotify on Bluetooth headphones, can you guys confirm if you have the crackling issue?
    I read that thread too. I listen to music through Spotify and TuneIn Radio all day long over Bluetooth to my work van stereo and also through Bluetooth headphones for all my running/fitness and mine has been perfect. I'm no sound engineer but that kinda thing would still really spoil the phone for me
    CTalman likes this.
    03-03-2018 01:21 AM
    Thanks for info. All sounds positive!

I had an s8+ before my pixel XL (I like trying different phones out!).

Pixel XL has a lot of positives but I'm yet to try out a Huawei phone and this model ticks a lot of boxes!
    I had the S8 plus too. I went back to Huawei. I have an Huwaei tablet too. I've just ordered on ebay a second phone vkworld s8. 5500 mAh battery, 6"screen.
    Good luck with your mate 10pro 👍
    CTalman likes this.
    03-03-2018 04:37 AM
    Cheers guys. I'm off to carphonewarehouse shortly to pick one up.
    £529 is too good a price to not buy it!
    And worse case I could always return it within 14 days!
    dov1978 likes this.
    03-03-2018 05:48 AM
    I'm so tempted by this, same price in Curry's. Using Honor 8 Pro at the minute, love the phone but starting to get a bit fed up with lack of updates and poor communication from the company which puts me off another Huawei/Honor phone.

Also very tempted by the Nokia 7 plus due to being on android one.

Ahh, I just don't know.
    03-06-2018 04:14 AM
    I'm so tempted by this, same price in Curry's. Using Honor 8 Pro at the minute, love the phone but starting to get a bit fed up with lack of updates and poor communication from the company which puts me off another Huawei/Honor phone.

Also very tempted by the Nokia 7 plus due to being on android one.

Ahh, I just don't know.
    The Honor brand, while great phones with the same specs as more expensive official Huawei phones, it seems you sacrifice timely updates for the lower price. I can assure you, Huawei has been great work updates so far on my Mate 10, in fact even my Mate 9 had been doing better on updates now and has been updated to Android 8.
    Hairy Brain likes this.
    03-06-2018 06:15 AM
    The Honor brand, while great phones with the same specs as more expensive official Huawei phones, it seems you sacrifice timely updates for the lower price. I can assure you, Huawei has been great work updates so far on my Mate 10, in fact even my Mate 9 had been doing better on updates now and has been updated to Android 8.
    Thanks for that, good to know. I'm really keen on the Mate 10 Pro especially at that price.

What about the security update patches as I'm currently sitting on July 2017 on my 8 Pro and still waiting for the Emui 8/ Oreo update?
    03-06-2018 10:19 AM
    Thanks for that, good to know. I'm really keen on the Mate 10 Pro especially at that price.

What about the security update patches as I'm currently sitting on July 2017 on my 8 Pro and still waiting for the Emui 8/ Oreo update?
    Hi,

I got an update yesterday, which has Jan 2018 security patch....

It was previously on Nov 2017.

I bought mine at the weekend and enjoying it so far. Still need to test out the camera but the battery is great....I do need to figure out how to get my task app's notifications through though!
    03-06-2018 06:31 PM
    And worse case I could always return it within 14 days!
    I do not think that CPW returns policy is that generous, if you have opened and used it they are pretty reluctant to take it back.

Re the Mate 10 pro, I have piked one up, my only gripe is the always on display which is very poor. It is I think only supposed to work with the Huawei apps but so far it dos not work with the email app so only sms. Any whatsapp, facebook, 3rd party email or text app, etc etc will not show. Kind of makes the AOD pointless IMO.
    04-08-2018 03:04 AM