Mate 10 Pro audio through the included dongle?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So there's a new video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuTi4PVUxeo
up from PocketNow where Jaime Rivera talks about the Mate 10 Pro. He basically says that he loves the phone, but mentions that the audio through the dongle is "bad". Is this true, and if so, what's bad about it? Does it sound overall flat, or get distorted at higher volumes? Can the same be said about the headphone jack? I listen to music a lot, so I'd like to have great sounding headphone audio on my next phone, but I'm having a hard time choosing between the LG V30, HTC U11+ (or 12+), S9+ with Dolby Atmos, or Mate 10 Pro. The Mate is on my list for the apparent phenomenal battery life, obviously, which is another important thing on my list. Incidentally, I have heard that other dongles like the one included with the Razer phone are compatible with the Pro, and that one in particular is a great one. Any thoughts on this?

I also have difficulty deciding between the regular Mate 10 and the Pro. I like the idea of having a fingerprint scanner on the front for navigation and the ability to use the phone on a desk, but besides that and the headphone jack, I'm a bit wary of the LCD screen as opposed to AMOLED. Although the effect on overall battery endurance is probably marginal, there is a difference between the two, according to GSMArena's review. Plus, coming from a Nexus 6P, having a phone with a water-resistance and a screen I can actually see at max brightness in direct sunlight is appealing. If only Huawei had made ONE phone without such curious compromises... I'm honestly torn.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the P10 before and the audio through wired headphones was really bad so I didn't hold much hope for the Mate 10 Pro but I've been very pleasantly surprised. When connected to wired headphones the phone's equaliser is also activated so you can fine tune the sound to your liking too and I've been happy with mine

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the P10 before and the audio through wired headphones was really bad so I didn't hold much hope for the Mate 10 Pro but I've been very pleasantly surprised. When connected to wired headphones the phone's equaliser is also activated so you can fine tune the sound to your liking too and I've been happy with mine

I'd have preferred the FPS on the front too like the regular Mate 10 has but you lose the Amoled screen and more importantly to me Always On Display

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR