I am in the process of making the back of my Huawei Mate 10 Pro totally clear. When removing the back of the phone, I wrinkled what appeared to be a sticker on the motherboard cover/bracket. Because it looked ugly that way and my efforts to smooth it out didn't really work, I decided to just remove it. After peeling 1/2 of it off and having it rip, the other side became visible which revealed that it is a flexible circuit, not just a sticker.

I'm not sure what it does, but it looks like it could be for NFC, which I use all the time.

I am wondering where I could find a replacement part for just this flexible circuit, or the entire motherboard cover/plate?

Looking for Mate 10 Pro parts/what did I do-20180326_093253.jpg

Looking for Mate 10 Pro parts/what did I do-20180326_093433.jpg

I tried searching for the number on the circuit and I got this:

Looking for Mate 10 Pro parts/what did I do-capture.jpg

I have found this part here for the Mate 10, but not the Mate 10 Pro, and they look a bit different:

https://www.witrigs.com/oem-mainboar...huawei-mate-10

I have also found this part for the Mate 10 Pro, but it's listed for $300 and given the price of the part for the Mate 10, I think I should be able to find it somewhere for much less, I just don't know of the right vendor:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FLPO...840180356.html

Any help finding replacement parts would be greatly appreciated!

Also if anyone knows what this flexible circuit does, that would be valuable information as well!

Thank you,

Derek
    03-26-2018 08:59 AM
    $300 is about right for a motherboard for a new phone of the level of the Mate 10 pro. But if you have the same knowledge replacing the motherboard as you had removing the "sticker", I'm afraid that you'll end up with a front cover and very little else, and it will be cheaper to buy a new phone. Save yourself the expense of a new motherboard and a new phone, and just buy a new phone now. (In my shop [I'm retired and sold it] a new technician had to perform any "repair" at least 5 times successfully on a shot phone before he'd be allowed near a customer's phone. That usually took anywhere from 6-12 phones [which is why we kept unrepairable phones].)

If you don't want to pay a repair shop to fix the phone (which probably won't be worth it, even in a cheap shop) buy a new phone. I can't see what's missing, but if you ripped a cable off the motherboard, you'll need at least a new motherboard (if it was damaged - it might not have been) and a new cable (which you'll probably have to get from Huawei - and with the usual delays in something like that, and the probable embargo in the near future, you probably won't get this year). Buy the phone before the price goes up over $1,000.
    03-26-2018 12:20 PM
    It is the motherboard cover/bracket, not the motherboard itself.

If you look closer at my post, I have a link in there for the same bracket for the Mate 10 (not pro) for $10. But that bracket is slightly different than this one.
    03-26-2018 12:24 PM