08-04-2018 03:39 AM
120 ... 2345
tools
    I managed to get mine working again by using the 'Backup' app and restoring just the Google App. I just can't get it to wake the from sleep again like what happened right after the last update.
    storvay likes this.
    04-29-2018 06:29 AM
    Crap situation. Love the battery and this phone is tantalisingly close to being excellent but the longer I spend with it, the more annoying I'm finding some its quirks.

I love so much about Android but there is always some mess up with the way manufacturers implement things which means I'm forever chasing bugs, stupid battery drain etc etc.

Would still have my Pixel 2 if it wasn't for the fact that its camera hated my LED lights at home which caused massive strobing in videos. A very sad dealbreaker.

I would honestly change this tomorrow if there wasn't a likelihood that my wife would kill me as I only bought it a few weeks ago.
    dov1978 and CTalman like this.
    04-29-2018 07:58 AM
    Glad am not the only one having these issues. Just patiently waiting for a worthy replacement
    04-30-2018 01:42 AM
    Any luck fixing it for anyone yet?
    05-01-2018 09:32 AM
    Any luck fixing it for anyone yet?
    Mine keeps reverting itself to being off and greyed out everyday so I have to keep restoring the app from a backup. It seemed to break right after a Google app update a few days ago so I'm still not sure if it's the phone or the app that's the issue. Either way it's an absolute pain and it's not happening on my other phones.
    05-01-2018 10:00 AM
    I'm trying to forget about it for the time being and hope it gets sorted soon.
    05-01-2018 11:29 AM
    I'm trying to forget about it for the time being and hope it gets sorted soon.
    I wish I could too. I never realised how much I used it til it was taken away.
    05-01-2018 01:36 PM
    I've been having a private chat on Twitter with Huawei UK and this was their answer:

Hi! Thank you for your message.

Further on, we would recommend performing a factory reset, to ensure that all the functions have been properly adjusted to this new version the device is on. Please find the steps on how to back up and reset the device below:

> First, you will need to backup any important data from your handset, to a computer. For that you can use HiSuite after downloading it from our website: https://t.co/NAzo1guts1. This software is specially designed by Huawei to allow users to backup all of their important information to a computer. It will provide a step by step guide on what to do next.

> Also, make sure you remember your primary Google account and password, in case you don't, please remove the account. To remove the Google account, go to Settings > Accounts > Google > in the right bottom corner select Remove Account.

> After this is done or if your data has otherwise been backed up in order to reset your phone you will need to go to: Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Erase internal storage > Reset phone.

In the mean time, we have forwarded your input to our Development department, so they can issue a fix for this in a future update.

Let us know if the reset will be of help. We are awaiting your reply!
    dov1978 likes this.
    05-02-2018 04:18 AM
    Thanks for that.

Ain't going to do a factory reset myself, will wait to see the result when others do - I have little faith in this being a solution and the correspondence doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that they know what they are doing.
    dov1978 likes this.
    05-02-2018 06:26 AM
    I've been having a private chat on Twitter with Huawei UK and this was their answer:

Hi! Thank you for your message.

Further on, we would recommend performing a factory reset, to ensure that all the functions have been properly adjusted to this new version the device is on. Please find the steps on how to back up and reset the device below:

> First, you will need to backup any important data from your handset, to a computer. For that you can use HiSuite after downloading it from our website: https://t.co/NAzo1guts1. This software is specially designed by Huawei to allow users to backup all of their important information to a computer. It will provide a step by step guide on what to do next.

> Also, make sure you remember your primary Google account and password, in case you don't, please remove the account. To remove the Google account, go to Settings > Accounts > Google > in the right bottom corner select Remove Account.

> After this is done or if your data has otherwise been backed up in order to reset your phone you will need to go to: Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Erase internal storage > Reset phone.

In the mean time, we have forwarded your input to our Development department, so they can issue a fix for this in a future update.

Let us know if the reset will be of help. We are awaiting your reply!
    I read a few people on XDA already tried a Factory Reset and it made no difference. No way I'm doing it anytime soon as it's so much hassle. Seeing as we've just had an update that'll be at least another 3 months before they patch it and send it on to us. I just find it really strange that it was working fine after the update then suddenly broke altogether. I'm done trying to fix it everyday now and it's put me off getting another Huawei phone anytime soon. I'll be off to the new Pixel, iPhone or maybe the Note 9 come September
    05-02-2018 06:26 AM
    That's absolutely laughable, if I am going to reset my phone might aswell change phone's
    05-02-2018 07:39 AM
    That's absolutely laughable, if I am going to reset my phone might aswell change phone's
    This!

I don't actually mind setting a phone up from scratch or even a back up when it's a new phone. For me that's part of the fun. When it's a phone you've had a while and need it to be reliable and it took a while to get it just the way you like it then the thought of starting over is soul destroying. Especially if the problem is still there afterwards.
    05-02-2018 07:48 AM
    This!

I don't actually mind setting a phone up from scratch or even a back up when it's a new phone. For me that's part of the fun. When it's a phone you've had a while and need it to be reliable and it took a while to get it just the way you like it then the thought of starting over is soul destroying. Especially if the problem is still there afterwards.
    Exactly this, I love setting up a new phone but to reset a phone is absolutely painful with all my apps especially security one's I use as I have to access the site's I use them with deactivate them and start over absolutely painful
    05-02-2018 08:29 AM
    Just for laughs did a hard reset wasted time
    05-03-2018 06:28 AM
    Just for laughs did a hard reset wasted time
    Ouch!
    05-03-2018 06:52 AM
    Ouch!
    Yeah, gave this is a miss especially after I read on the Xda thread (which I think you've posted on) that it does - unsurprisingly - sweet Fanny Adams.
    dov1978 likes this.
    05-03-2018 06:56 AM
    Yeah just wanted to humour Huawei. Now a looking at iPhone got 17% discount ex colleague works there he already got me one discount for my girlfriend so might just get the 8 Plus and be done with it.
    05-03-2018 11:03 AM
    Got Pixel XL 2 128 today, absolute dream to use. Will keep Mate 10 Pro as a backup
    dov1978 likes this.
    05-09-2018 10:45 AM
    Got Pixel XL 2 128 today, absolute dream to use. Will keep Mate 10 Pro as a backup
    Nice! Pretty jealous tbh. What colour did you go for?

I'm sorely tempted but trying my best to hold off for the 3XL which isn't easy at all
    05-09-2018 12:48 PM
    Nice! Pretty jealous tbh. What colour did you go for?

I'm sorely tempted but trying my best to hold off for the 3XL which isn't easy at all
    I got th black 128GB not a fan of the Panda White, could have waited for the 3XL but I wasn't going to pay that price Google wanted for it. Most likely I get the 3XL it next year around this time when it's discounted at carephone warehouse, I think am addicted to tech and phone's lol. Only the thing Mate 10 Pro has on the Pixel is battery life.
    dov1978 likes this.
    05-10-2018 02:03 AM
    BLA-L09C782B132 (8.0.0.132) is showing on firmware finder. Has anyone received this as an OTA?
    This update adds the Face unlock feature, which unlocks the device when the owner's face is recognized.
    Integrates Google security patches released in Jun 2018 for improved system security.
    06-19-2018 08:49 AM
    I am in the US and firmware finder is not showing anything after 8.0.0.110 and I have 112 on my phone. Not sure if it is working for me
    06-22-2018 09:09 AM
    Huawei have been a real let down with the Mate 10 updates, it will be my last Huawei handset, so glad I have the pixel XL 2 to keep up to date.

These manufacturers have way too many handsets on the market to ever keep them all updated so they will only focus on the latest and greatest and forget a phone which isn't even 9 month's old.

Shocking
    dov1978 likes this.
    06-23-2018 09:02 AM
    B132 is visible in Firmware Finder for some time, anyone got this update yet? Its adding face Unlock feature and June security patches.
    Attached Thumbnails Huawei mate 10 pro updates in UK-screenshot_20180702-155848.jpg  
    07-02-2018 08:58 AM
    Expect next update late August
    B132 is visible in Firmware Finder for some time, anyone got this update yet? Its adding face Unlock feature and June security patches.
    07-02-2018 10:24 AM
120 ... 2345