Huawei mate 10 pro updates in UK

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I think a lot of Vodafone customers are getting the update now which gives Face Unlock and fixes the Google Assistant issue that's been broken for months. Hopefully the rest of us will have it in the next few days or weeks at most.

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Got this today
869e4349376df806eef1de1c35652f2d.jpg

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Yep, mine came also and OK Google is working again!

Unsure what I think of the face unlock, will take some time to get used too. What happens if someone else with a beard like mine goes near my phone?!

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Just installed and first impressions are:

Great to have OK Google back again, hope it sticks around for a bit longer this time! Not having to pick up my phone when I just want to shout out a reminder or timer is great to have - used a lot on all my previous phones.

I love Raise to Wake and it works very well with the Face Unlock which seems fast.

I'm intrigued by the release notes about the camera night mode but can't see anything different? Not sure what it adds, is it like the P20 Pro night mode which has garnered such positive praise?

Given the fact that I've just returned from a holiday and the camera really impressed me in all scenarios, the battery life continues to be fantastic and now the niggles seem to be sorted, I have to say there is nothing out there which makes an upgrade compelling. If Huawei can just get their update schedules sorted, I am very likely to buy another when I eventually do get bored.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realise they were adding Raise to Wake too. I'm even more impatient waiting for the update now. What network are you guys on?

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm on 3 but handset is unlocked as I'm sim only.
Does have 3 branding which the phone downloaded on first use to allow WiFi calling etc but still unlocked.

tomdurkin

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Finally received it today, basically 2 months out of date already.
I note a firmware was released for Europe C432 5 days ago, but not sure if one will appear for UK soon

Jimi182

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
Received an update yesterday. Again, as with the last update, the battery is draining fast. I've turned off face unlock. Find it much handier using the fingerprint unlock

Hairy Brain

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
Received an update yesterday. Again, as with the last update, the battery is draining fast. I've turned off face unlock. Find it much handier using the fingerprint unlock
I hadn't really noticed any significant drain since updating but went from 41 to 6% overnight which is worrying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad