Huawei mate 10 pro updates in UK

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I am a current Huawei mate 10 pro user in UK since a month.

I wanted to know what security patch are people on from Europe and the UK.

I am stuck on the January Patch with Model number BLA-L09.

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have read that somewhere but being the 3rd most profitable manufacturer of smartphones after Apple and Samsung they need to pull there socks up a bit.
That's what I thought but the majority really doesn't care about it and the reason is 1: The average Joe doesn't know or care about security or OS updates 2: if they are coming from Apple they get regular updates and probably take it for granted and don't realise they won't be getting regular updates moving to a android OEM that's none Google.

We are in a minority when it comes to smartphone that's why so many OEMS get away with it.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
In UK AND Ive just Unboxed and updated my beautiful new L09 handset :) .. Oh MAN.. its Gorgeous .. :)

Just done all updates... and yes, like everyone here... its Jan 2018 OS: 8.0.0.128 C782

To be fair... Ive just come from an HTC U11 and that was still on Nov 17..

If the USA & Latin America have a new update, which is B132 (April), it should be along for us very soon

Last edited:

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
In UK AND Ive just Unboxed and updated my beautiful new L09 handset :) .. Oh MAN.. its Gorgeous .. :)

Just done all updates... and yes, like everyone here... its Jan 2018 OS: 8.0.0.128 C782

To be fair... Ive just come from an HTC U11 and that was still on Nov 17..

If the USA & Latin America have a new update, which is B132 (April), it should be along for us very soon
Glad you loving your new handset, Huawei has a quarterly update cycle in the UK, based in my Mate 10 Pro and mate 9.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Glad you loving your new handset, Huawei has a quarterly update cycle in the UK, based in my Mate 10 Pro and mate 9.

I hope they update anytime soon as it's officially the next quarter since last security patch of January.

My phone is running fine and smooth with great battery life but it's always nice to be up to date with Android security patches.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
update on Huawei mate 10 pro updates:

I was speaking to a rep online chat server who actually was better at explaining better than others about the situation of UK software updates for the Huawei mate 10 pro.

He said that it is a situation that has been raised by manner customers and we are pushing Huawei to get updates delivered faster to the UK region.

He said accordingly that updates are supposed to be monthly given to Huawei by Google but UK is for some reason not been prioritised more than other markets and there is no specific reason for it.

asking whether it will change in the future he replied that it depends on how serious Huawei is taking its mate 10 pro owners in the UK.

at least he said that the next security patch will be out guaranteed to all handsets by the end of the month.

let's see

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with Huawei on Twitter earlier today and complained that I was still on January security patch while the US where Huawei are practically banned are on April. And all I got was "That's awesome David, Hope you enjoy it"?

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I spoke with Huawei on Twitter earlier today and complained that I was still on January security patch while the US where Huawei are practically banned are on April. And all I got was "That's awesome David, Hope you enjoy it"?

What 😲 was that all about lol

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I am not surprised at that response, they really don't care about UK sim free users, Vodafone user's are getting quick updates were as people like myself getting one a quarter. My next phone will be a Pixel or iPhone as much as I despise Apple Android OEMs are just useless

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
update on Huawei mate 10 pro updates:

I was speaking to a rep online chat server who actually was better at explaining better than others about the situation of UK software updates for the Huawei mate 10 pro.

He said that it is a situation that has been raised by manner customers and we are pushing Huawei to get updates delivered faster to the UK region.

He said accordingly that updates are supposed to be monthly given to Huawei by Google but UK is for some reason not been prioritised more than other markets and there is no specific reason for it.

asking whether it will change in the future he replied that it depends on how serious Huawei is taking its mate 10 pro owners in the UK.

at least he said that the next security patch will be out guaranteed to all handsets by the end of the month.

let's see
Disgraceful for people who spend their hard earn money

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am not surprised at that response, they really don't care about UK sim free users, Vodafone user's are getting quick updates were as people like myself getting one a quarter. My next phone will be a Pixel or iPhone as much as I despise Apple Android OEMs are just useless

Yeah, weirdly that's the exact 2 phones I told my wife I'd be going for next earlier today. Not just for the updates but for a bit of a simpler experience. I haven't had a Pixel or Nexus phone before but had every iPhone up to the 7 Plus and I do miss the fact it just works as the old cliche goes. I see the Pixel as Androids iPhone so it appeals to me too. The Pixel is probably a little ahead for me for things I use a lot like Always On Display, screen sharing and of course being able to customise a lot more. Rumour has it that iOS 12 will finally bring Always On Display to iPhones though so that would make huge difference for me.

I had my heart set on the P20 Pro or even the Mate 30 later this year but as long as we are back of the queue for updates and features being unlocked in the UK then I'll be looking elsewhere for now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt