Huawei mate 10 pro updates in UK

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I see the Pixel as Androids iPhone so it appeals to me too. The Pixel is probably a little ahead for me for things I use a lot like Always On Display, screen sharing and of course being able to customise a lot more. Rumour has it that iOS 12 will finally bring Always On Display to iPhones though so that would make huge difference for me.

Exactly how I feel. Somehow the AOD has become a huge feature for me and is the sole reason I'm selling my M10pro on.

Also see pixel as the iPhone of Android but I cannot get past the 2 and 2xls design. Maybe the 3xl?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Exactly how I feel. Somehow the AOD has become a huge feature for me and is the sole reason I'm selling my M10pro on.

Also see pixel as the iPhone of Android but I cannot get past the 2 and 2xls design. Maybe the 3xl?

Yeah I wouldn't get a Pixel 2 XL now that the new one isn't too far away. I think after all the display complaints last time Google will try to hit a home run this time just to make sure.
Pixels have a few extra features I really like too ie Double Tap To Wake and Raise to Wake. If they add wireless charging this time around it'll be the full package for me.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Honestly with no OEMs embracing project treble (the S9 didn't even launch on 8.1) I think Google have an open goal with the 3/3xl

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, weirdly that's the exact 2 phones I told my wife I'd be going for next earlier today. Not just for the updates but for a bit of a simpler experience. I haven't had a Pixel or Nexus phone before but had every iPhone up to the 7 Plus and I do miss the fact it just works as the old cliche goes. I see the Pixel as Androids iPhone so it appeals to me too. The Pixel is probably a little ahead for me for things I use a lot like Always On Display, screen sharing and of course being able to customise a lot more. Rumour has it that iOS 12 will finally bring Always On Display to iPhones though so that would make huge difference for me.

I had my heart set on the P20 Pro or even the Mate 30 later this year but as long as we are back of the queue for updates and features being unlocked in the UK then I'll be looking elsewhere for now
I am waiting on the next Pixel to see what it brings, but it will definitely be between that and iPhone and I really don't want to go the Apple route.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting on the next Pixel to see what it brings, but it will definitely be between that and iPhone and I really don't want to go the Apple route.

I like iPhone's. Well at least I do for about a month until it frustrates the life out of me because it has so little features and bores me to death then move on again. Apart from that....

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Honestly with no OEMs embracing project treble (the S9 didn't even launch on 8.1) I think Google have an open goal with the 3/3xl

The exact reason I got Huawei mate 10 pro was because it claimed to be one of the first phones apart from the Pixel line that supported Project Treble. Personally I am inclined to either get the Nokia 7 plus which is a alot cheaper but it is minus waterproofing and front facing speakers or wait till the Pixel 3 series of phones.

PP763

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site

The Mate 10 Pro HAS always on display search for it in settings

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The Mate 10 Pro HAS always on display search for it in settings

He's using it already but not having 3rd party notifications on it is frustrating him. Which is understandable when it could be so easily fixed with an update from Huawei

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Indeed, it's there just useless for me without 3rd party notifications. Barely receive an SMS I use a 3rd party email app.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hallelujah! But howcome the Mate 10 Pro in the US is already on April and we're only now getting March?

Attachments

• 45332.jpg
    45332.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well that excitement was short lived. The one feature I was really waiting on to let you wake and unlock the phone from sleep by saying Hey Google or OK Google I can't for the life of me get to work. Updated the Smart lock setting, re-trained my voice, checked all the voice settings again, tried rebooting, tried plugging into a charger in case it only works when charging but nothing. Anyone else let me know if they can get it to work once updated? Thanks

Edit: finally got it working after several hours trying everything under the sun. Still not sure what I changed but it works now and I'm a lot happier. Now if they could update the Always On Display to allow 3rd party notifications I'd be a LOT happier

Last edited:

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Well that excitement was short lived. The one feature I was really waiting on to let you wake and unlock the phone from sleep by saying Hey Google or OK Google I can't for the life of me get to work. Updated the Smart lock setting, re-trained my voice, checked all the voice settings again, tried rebooting, tried plugging into a charger in case it only works when charging but nothing. Anyone else let me know if they can get it to work once updated? Thanks

Edit: finally got it working after several hours trying everything under the sun. Still not sure what I changed but it works now and I'm a lot happier. Now if they could update the Always On Display to allow 3rd party notifications I'd be a LOT happier
Had the same issue. I would set it up, unlock the phone successfully with voice and then it would wake up but I would see the voice match setting in Google switch off. It would then stop working on the next attempt. Annoying!

What worked for me may be complete coincidence but did it in this order :

Went into phone settings, screen unlock, smart unlock, voice match. From there I retrained the voice and ensured the correct options for voice unlock were selected. Has worked from them, may be completely random (another forum had a user had it randomly start working after no initial success) but I'm much happier.

I agree, 3rd party notifications on AOD is next on wish list, would also like raise to wake.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue. I would set it up, unlock the phone successfully with voice and then it would wake up but I would see the voice match setting in Google switch off. It would then stop working on the next attempt. Annoying!

What worked for me may be complete coincidence but did it in this order :

Went into phone settings, screen unlock, smart unlock, voice match. From there I retrained the voice and ensured the correct options for voice unlock were selected. Has worked from them, may be completely random (another forum had a user had it randomly start working after no initial success) but I'm much happier.

I agree, 3rd party notifications on AOD is next on wish list, would also like raise to wake.

Raise to wake or Double Tap to Wake would be amazing. Both of those like the Pixels would be perfect!

Did you lose the ability to say Hey Google after activating Voice Unlock? Before I was able to train the voice to use OK Google AND Hey Google but now only OK Google works. Not the end of the world but I'd got really used to using Hey Google all the time

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Raise to wake or Double Tap to Wake would be amazing. Both of those like the Pixels would be perfect!

Did you lose the ability to say Hey Google after activating Voice Unlock? Before I was able to train the voice to use OK Google AND Hey Google but now only OK Google works. Not the end of the world but I'd got really used to using Hey Google all the time
Interesting, I too can't say Hey Google any longer. I've tended to use the OK command so it's not too much of an issue.

Unrelated, I view this on Tapatalk but it's really flaky with notifications when I've been quoted or a topic I'm subscribed to is updated. I have all the priority notifications etc and background running enabled but still not very consistent.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, I too can't say Hey Google any longer. I've tended to use the OK command so it's not too much of an issue.

Unrelated, I view this on Tapatalk but it's really flaky with notifications when I've been quoted or a topic I'm subscribed to is updated. I have all the priority notifications etc and background running enabled but still not very consistent.

Now that you mention it I forgot I even had Tapatalk installed because its been so long since I got a notification. I'd get them all the time when I first installed it

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Now that you mention it I forgot I even had Tapatalk installed because its been so long since I got a notification. I'd get them all the time when I first installed it
I know it's an issue with the phone because my iPad gets all the notifications. It's almost as if, even though I have it to be set to run in background, that it may stop after a certain amount of time?

I won't have any problems now for the next few hours, now that I've opened and used tapatalk.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I know it's an issue with the phone because my iPad gets all the notifications. It's almost as if, even though I have it to be set to run in background, that it may stop after a certain amount of time?

I won't have any problems now for the next few hours, now that I've opened and used tapatalk.

I've just added it to my Whitelist apps to see if that makes any difference. Worth a try