Huawei mate 10 pro updates in UK

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Initial thoughts are that battery life has taken a hit with this update. Standby is usually stunning but it lost 10% overnight and is definitely dropping faster through the day.

Play services registering as highest usage which isn't usually the case. Will see how it goes but wonder if the fact the phone is always in listening mode now has had an effect?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Initial thoughts are that battery life has taken a hit with this update. Standby is usually stunning but it lost 10% overnight and is definitely dropping faster through the day.

Play services registering as highest usage which isn't usually the case. Will see how it goes but wonder if the fact the phone is always in listening mode now has had an effect?

That's exactly the same as mine. I've noticed mine barely charging when navigating with Google Maps at work and thought it was maybe just because of the brighter weather we're getting here making the screen brighter if that makes sense but the battery monitor also shows Play Services using much more than anything else

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, bloody annoying to be honest, as battery life is one of the main reasons I love this phone.

Same issue with charging and using Maps. Grrr.....

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
The feature to say "Ok Google" to unlock is pointless as it only works when you press the power button on the side to wake the screen. When locked with the "always on" screen it doesn't do anything so I may as well turn that feature off.

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
The feature to say "Ok Google" to unlock is pointless as it only works when you press the power button on the side to wake the screen. When locked with the "always on" screen it doesn't do anything so I may as well turn that feature off.
This was what I was thinking Also it doesn't seem to work with the screen off so it's pointless really

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

It does work. OK Google wakes the phone from complete sleep or with Always On Display on. No need to touch the phone at all. It took a fair bit of messing around to get it working but it's working flawlessly now

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
It does work. OK Google wakes the phone from complete sleep or with Always On Display on. No need to touch the phone at all. It took a fair bit of messing around to get it working but it's working flawlessly now
I have to press the power button to get it

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Try setting it up from the smart lock settings on the phone and retrain your voice. Worked for me but may have just been coincidence.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have to press the power button to get it

Mine and Storvay's was the same after the update but after messing around resetting it up in Smart Lock settings etc we got it working properly. Neither of us know exactly how or what we did but it defo works. Just a pain in the arse and some trial and error but for me it's worth the effort as I use it a lot

Last edited:

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Just received the update but as someone has pointed it's no good giving us the March security patch when he are at the end of April lol.

also where is update to Netflix for compatibility with HDR10 standard which Huawei promised at launch.

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Had issues setting up OK Google with AOD on but now it's also sorted.

Again, it took a bit of faffing around but it seems that it works relatively well by switching everything off, including the AOD and going through the voice match setup again.

There seems to be a bug whereby the first time after it is setup and you use the command, it seems to work but then the voice unlock option deactivates and you can't turn it back on. Doing what I've described above, turning off all options, seems to have done the trick.

Works flawlessly now.

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Works flawlessly now.

Yeah, maybe not...

Without AOD - no problems so far

With AOD - wouldn't unlock this morning until I manually did it. Even more puzzling, wouldn't work in the car which is odd as the phone is unlocked when connected to car Bluetooth.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, maybe not...

Without AOD - no problems so far

With AOD - wouldn't unlock this morning until I manually did it. Even more puzzling, wouldn't work in the car which is odd as the phone is unlocked when connected to car Bluetooth.

Remember with Smart unlock you have to manually unlock your phone after 4 hrs inactivity.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So it's not consistent if you have AOD off but works fine with AOD on?

My AOD is on all the time so have no issues but obviously not everyone uses that

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The voice setting keeps switching off itself about to give up with this device

I'm not far away myself. I do really like the phone it's just silly things starting to niggle away at me now. It was fine at first but the little things add up and turn into big frustrations.
I normally switch phones every 3-6 months anyway and sell the phone to put towards the new one but the second hand price for these is awful and even worse for recycling so I'll be keeping it as a backup phone or use it as my work phone. It's too good to give away for next to nothing. It's even put me off getting the P20 Pro because most of the niggles on this are on that too. I'll probably be getting the Pixel 3 next or even go to the dark side and get the new larger iPhone X in September. That way I'll still have an android phone too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084