Huawei mate 10 pro updates in UK

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I've been having a private chat on Twitter with Huawei UK and this was their answer:

Hi! Thank you for your message.

Further on, we would recommend performing a factory reset, to ensure that all the functions have been properly adjusted to this new version the device is on. Please find the steps on how to back up and reset the device below:

> First, you will need to backup any important data from your handset, to a computer. For that you can use HiSuite after downloading it from our website: https://t.co/NAzo1guts1. This software is specially designed by Huawei to allow users to backup all of their important information to a computer. It will provide a step by step guide on what to do next.

> Also, make sure you remember your primary Google account and password, in case you don't, please remove the account. To remove the Google account, go to Settings > Accounts > Google > in the right bottom corner select Remove Account.

> After this is done or if your data has otherwise been backed up in order to reset your phone you will need to go to: Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Erase internal storage > Reset phone.

In the mean time, we have forwarded your input to our Development department, so they can issue a fix for this in a future update.

Let us know if the reset will be of help. We are awaiting your reply!

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that.

Ain't going to do a factory reset myself, will wait to see the result when others do - I have little faith in this being a solution and the correspondence doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that they know what they are doing.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been having a private chat on Twitter with Huawei UK and this was their answer:

Hi! Thank you for your message.

Further on, we would recommend performing a factory reset, to ensure that all the functions have been properly adjusted to this new version the device is on. Please find the steps on how to back up and reset the device below:

> First, you will need to backup any important data from your handset, to a computer. For that you can use HiSuite after downloading it from our website: https://t.co/NAzo1guts1. This software is specially designed by Huawei to allow users to backup all of their important information to a computer. It will provide a step by step guide on what to do next.

> Also, make sure you remember your primary Google account and password, in case you don't, please remove the account. To remove the Google account, go to Settings > Accounts > Google > in the right bottom corner select Remove Account.

> After this is done or if your data has otherwise been backed up in order to reset your phone you will need to go to: Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Erase internal storage > Reset phone.

In the mean time, we have forwarded your input to our Development department, so they can issue a fix for this in a future update.

Let us know if the reset will be of help. We are awaiting your reply!

I read a few people on XDA already tried a Factory Reset and it made no difference. No way I'm doing it anytime soon as it's so much hassle. Seeing as we've just had an update that'll be at least another 3 months before they patch it and send it on to us. I just find it really strange that it was working fine after the update then suddenly broke altogether. I'm done trying to fix it everyday now and it's put me off getting another Huawei phone anytime soon. I'll be off to the new Pixel, iPhone or maybe the Note 9 come September

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That's absolutely laughable, if I am going to reset my phone might aswell change phone's

This!

I don't actually mind setting a phone up from scratch or even a back up when it's a new phone. For me that's part of the fun. When it's a phone you've had a while and need it to be reliable and it took a while to get it just the way you like it then the thought of starting over is soul destroying. Especially if the problem is still there afterwards.

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
This!

I don't actually mind setting a phone up from scratch or even a back up when it's a new phone. For me that's part of the fun. When it's a phone you've had a while and need it to be reliable and it took a while to get it just the way you like it then the thought of starting over is soul destroying. Especially if the problem is still there afterwards.
Exactly this, I love setting up a new phone but to reset a phone is absolutely painful with all my apps especially security one's I use as I have to access the site's I use them with deactivate them and start over absolutely painful

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah just wanted to humour Huawei. Now a looking at iPhone got 17% discount ex colleague works there he already got me one discount for my girlfriend so might just get the 8 Plus and be done with it.

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Nice! Pretty jealous tbh. What colour did you go for?

I'm sorely tempted but trying my best to hold off for the 3XL which isn't easy at all
I got th black 128GB not a fan of the Panda White, could have waited for the 3XL but I wasn't going to pay that price Google wanted for it. Most likely I get the 3XL it next year around this time when it's discounted at carephone warehouse, I think am addicted to tech and phone's lol. Only the thing Mate 10 Pro has on the Pixel is battery life.

tomdurkin

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
BLA-L09C782B132 (8.0.0.132) is showing on firmware finder. Has anyone received this as an OTA?
This update adds the Face unlock feature, which unlocks the device when the owner's face is recognized.
Integrates Google security patches released in Jun 2018 for improved system security.

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Huawei have been a real let down with the Mate 10 updates, it will be my last Huawei handset, so glad I have the pixel XL 2 to keep up to date.

These manufacturers have way too many handsets on the market to ever keep them all updated so they will only focus on the latest and greatest and forget a phone which isn't even 9 month's old.

Shocking

ogryz

Jul 2, 2018
Visit site
B132 is visible in Firmware Finder for some time, anyone got this update yet? Its adding face Unlock feature and June security patches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180702-155848.jpg
    Screenshot_20180702-155848.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy