Is there a 'best' screen protector? Seen film and glass protectors for sale and wondering if I should buy a film one like what came on it from new or get a glass one? Bloody dropped a hole punch on the phone, screen is good but it went through the screen protector!
    04-30-2018 03:38 AM
    I'm not using any screen protector. Removed the stock one because it affected the display quality. Have a Spigen case with a slight lip for minor protection.

Btw, I've never used screen protectors with any of my phones over the years
    05-01-2018 07:44 AM
    I'm not using any screen protector. Removed the stock one because it affected the display quality. Have a Spigen case with a slight lip for minor protection.

Btw, I've never used screen protectors with any of my phones over the years
    Took my stock screen protector too. Don't see the need 👍
    09-05-2018 07:29 AM
    Took my stock screen protector too. Don't see the need 👍
    I want to take mine off but then get the fear....so is there actually any benefit to the stock screen protector? I guess you guys certainly don't think so....

Is that because GG is scratch resistant?
    09-05-2018 02:37 PM
    I took my factory fitted screen protector off a few months after purchase. The oleophobic coating was wearing thin where I swiped the most.

Have been a few months without and there are zero issues (coating and scratch resistance is very good)but thought I'd give a tempered glass protector a shot. I have had very little (zero) success in applying these before but I have just bought Flos protector from Amazon, fitted it today, and it is amazing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flos-Instal...cUvbUpU6341547

Genuinely, couldn't believe how easy it was to get a flawless fit, with no bubbles; arguably looks better than the factory fitted item.

Not affiliated with the company is any way, just really pleased. If I can get a great fit, anyone can.
    CTalman likes this.
    09-15-2018 09:00 AM
    Did you need to use the gel around the edges of protector? I had one similar when I had my mate 9 and at first it looked great but the gel dried and then the edges looked like they had lifted
    09-17-2018 02:25 AM
    Did you need to use the gel around the edges of protector? I had one similar when I had my mate 9 and at first it looked great but the gel dried and then the edges looked like they had lifted
    I used the gel and I haven't had the same issues.
    09-17-2018 06:09 AM
    I used the gel and I haven't had the same issues.
    I stand corrected. Over the last couple of days, it doesn't look as perfect on the edges as it did.

Not awful by any means at all and I'm still really happy with it.
    09-20-2018 01:06 PM