Hey - so I just got the US version of the Mate 10. Overall it's a sweet phone, but I have noticed my battery is atrocious compared to the mate 9. I was looking at the battery settings and found a few things.

First, is it normal for the device to always be awake? Second, in the info button on the battery graph, I'm seeing that messaging is using piles of battery all the time even though I text hardly ever. And in the usage by apps screen, it doesn't show up at all.

Anyone have ideas how to make this work better?
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Oddities-1931.jpg  
    05-11-2018 10:53 AM
    Battery graph
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Oddities-1927.jpg  
    05-11-2018 10:54 AM
    Battery usage accessed through the info button
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Oddities-1928.jpg  
    05-11-2018 10:55 AM
    I don't have any answers for you, unfortunately, but I just got the Mate 10 Pro, too, and my battery life has been very disappointing, especially considering the battery size and the overly aggressive battery optimization by Huawei. I use Textra rather than the stock messaging app, so my issues are different than yours. Google play services seems inordinately high for me.
    05-11-2018 12:32 PM
    I can only speak for myself but my Mate 10 Pro battery has been miles better than any other phone I've ever owned. Over 7hrs SoT is easily achieved for me each day and I'm a HEAVY user.

I'd mess around with the battery settings for the Messaging App if I were you. Maybe even disable it to remove updates, clear the cache and data for it then try again. If that fails maybe try disabling it and use another messaging app on its place for a while. It's maybe buggy and causing wake locks?
    Just checked my stats and the Messaging app doesn't even make the list it's so low on battery usage
    05-12-2018 01:58 AM
    Whatever I do, battery is just poor.
    05-12-2018 05:17 PM
    I've got the best battery life I've ever got from a phone, including the iPhone 8 plus.

You might want to clear cache for the app, or uninstall this and try an alternative app to see where the issue lies
    05-13-2018 11:50 AM
    Uninstall the Apps you don't use and disable the Apps you can and turn off location and Bluetooth...stay on Wifi
    05-14-2018 11:21 AM
    The problem is Google Play Services. There is a bug affecting various (maybe all) Huawei devices. There is a lengthy Google thread where Google has acknowledged the problem and is trying to fix it. https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/79405933 Just in case someone else is having battery life problems or apps showing the error message "Google Play Services is Updating." It mostly impacts apps that feature maps, weather radar, etc.
    krishnansasikumar likes this.
    05-14-2018 08:26 PM