DJW351981

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
That tear drop notch that's going to be on the mate 20 looks nice, and it's going to have the triple cameras from the P20.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mate 10 Pro is still very good for me. No slowdowns, great camera for my usage. Upgrading now will cost a huge monetary loss which isn't worth the gain in features.

So I'll skip. Maybe Mate 30...

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm finding it hard to justify upgrading my 10 Pro. Unless the 20 is head and shoulders improved in the camera dept, then I'll probably stick for a while.

I have really grown to love my Mate 10 Pro, even more so since the recent update gave it the face unlock and the unbelievably good night mode. Battery life and camera is exemplary etc.

Mind you, that's the sensible me speaking. When the new phone is released, who knows?!

Wiz Minion

Feb 20, 2018
Visit site
I just got my Mate 10 (in US) Simply the best phone and battery life I've ever experienced. I'm very sad however at the prospect that someday when I'm ready to upgrade that 18:9 resolution will be my only choice. It's been shoved down our throats like glass backs were. So to all the colluding Cell manufacturers....GET OFF MY LAWN! No one asked for these changes! I though Huawei was the exception when they offered a 16:9 in the regular Mate 10. I was excited to know there was going to be a Mate 20 and a Mate 20 Pro...until they were both reported to apparently be 18:9 displays. Damn you Huawei....I trusted you! Yeah one is HUGE...but they're so damn tall, I'll need pocket extensions in my pants! :eek: Looks like there will at least be a Headphone jack in at least 1 of them....

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding it hard to justify upgrading my 10 Pro. Unless the 20 is head and shoulders improved in the camera dept, then I'll probably stick for a while.

I have really grown to love my Mate 10 Pro, even more so since the recent update gave it the face unlock and the unbelievably good night mode. Battery life and camera is exemplary etc.

Mind you, that's the sensible me speaking. When the new phone is released, who knows?!

Same here. The last update bringing those features after the phone being gimped for several month made it feel a bit like a new phone again. I'm a chronic phone switcher and this is now the longest I've kept a phone like ever as I usually switch every 2-4 months at most. The battery optimisations and the fact I need to lock Garmin Connect app so it stays running in the app switcher at all times so my Garmin watch stays connected is my biggest frustration but I'm even used to that now. I'm struggling to justify a real need to change phone anytime soon. Battery is awesome, speakers are great, screen is great and it does most things really well. I thought I'd go for the Pixel 3 XL next til I saw the notch or wait for the S10 Plus but I'm actually still thinking of just getting a P20 Pro or Mate 20 Pro next year.

storvay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Same here. The last update bringing those features after the phone being gimped for several month made it feel a bit like a new phone again. I'm a chronic phone switcher and this is now the longest I've kept a phone like ever as I usually switch every 2-4 months at most. The battery optimisations and the fact I need to lock Garmin Connect app so it stays running in the app switcher at all times so my Garmin watch stays connected is my biggest frustration but I'm even used to that now. I'm struggling to justify a real need to change phone anytime soon. Battery is awesome, speakers are great, screen is great and it does most things really well. I thought I'd go for the Pixel 3 XL next til I saw the notch or wait for the S10 Plus but I'm actually still thinking of just getting a P20 Pro or Mate 20 Pro next year.

Like you, I'm a chronic phone switcher.

I keep looking at the P20 Pro but suspect I'd be a bit regretful as I'm not sure the difference is so huge.

Normally, every year, I get tempted by the new iPhones. But I think, after seeing what they're offering now, I just cannot see any attraction at all.

So it's hold onto this or Mate 20 Pro. Whatever happens, it's great that Huawei has broken apart the Apple Samsung duopoly; I never thought when I bought this phone that I'd be eagerly anticipating the next model; there will have to be something game changing to make me move from Huawei in the next year or so.

Last edited:

LossOfCite

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
The Mate 20 Pro sounds incredible but I'm crossing my fingers and trying to hold out for a future Mate or P series phone that doesn't have a notch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12