New Mate 10 pro Display Knuckle touch problem

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi. I replaced my broken display (and digitizer) with a new one on my mate 10 pro. So after i replaced it started to detect simple touch as knuckle touch (knuckle touch is a special type of touch with your knuckle on huawei phones that is used for screenshots, split screen and more...) . When i drag or touch screen , sometimes it draws blue lines. So i decided to permanently disable knuckle gestures. And guess what? After i disabled all of them screen didnt work at all. I had to connect usb-to-typec mouse to my phone to activate knuckle gestures again so that screen would work.

What can i do about it? Maybe reset everything and install android pie with different rom, cause i think EMUI is awful. Will it help or its just a hardware issue? I've read that some tehnicians do hard reset after screen replacement, maybe i need too?

P.S. There are 3 knuckle gestures : Split screen ,screenshot and app draw open. If i disable two of these and let one be enabled, then screen works. If i disable all of them screen doesnt respond to touch anymore.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you had the screen replaced by a repair shop, bring it back and have them repair it properly.

If you did it yourself, you could have gotten a bad screen or you could have broken something when you replaced it. (And that's as far as anyone can go if you did it yourself.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084