Android 9/Emui 9 has made my mate 10 feel like a new phone

DJW351981

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
As the title says, Emui 9 is amazing, the improvements of made this like a brand new phone again. I was planning on getting a Mate 20 X but with this update, I'm waiting now. I have wireless desktop, the improved settings menu, and the camera update is truly amazing. You get the same camera app that's in the Mate 20, including night mode. Look at them pics, night mode is amazing on the mate 10. Great job Huawei on the update.

Attachments

• 7494.jpg
    7494.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 91

Newport Dave

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine's just updated, not had a chance to try out the new camera app. Don't know how it will improve performance as mine was still pretty good anyway.

DJW351981

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
Mine's just updated, not had a chance to try out the new camera app. Don't know how it will improve performance as mine was still pretty good anyway.

I found performance to be about the same, I'm actually getting a little better battery life since the update, the biggest improvements was the camera app with night mode and the artificial intelligence 2.0, and desktop mode is now wireless.

Newport Dave

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I found performance to be about the same, I'm actually getting a little better battery life since the update, the biggest improvements was the camera app with night mode and the artificial intelligence 2.0, and desktop mode is now wireless.
I already had night mode on the camera app before the update.

Newport Dave

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It's different now, it actually works lol
The old one worked no problem for me. Photo is Darling Harbour, Sydney a few weeks ago.
bbb8e2200d5ca0c325903a28e6ff6f8a.jpg

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
As the title says, Emui 9 is amazing, the improvements of made this like a brand new phone again. I was planning on getting a Mate 20 X but with this update, I'm waiting now. I have wireless desktop, the improved settings menu, and the camera update is truly amazing. You get the same camera app that's in the Mate 20, including night mode. Look at them pics, night mode is amazing on the mate 10. Great job Huawei on the update.

Where are you located and what model (region code) do you have?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What's everyone using for System Navigation now on Pie? I was using the gestures for a few days. They were pretty good but then I tried the Single Key Navigation (like the P20 Pro home button) and found that so much more intuitive. I had those gestures feeling totally fast and natural in minutes.

bigmick777

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Still testing. I would have stuck with the original nav buttons but keep catching home when typing now with pie. Didnt happen with Oreo (think there was a delay to stop accidental press). I tried the single key but had it on auto hide and it bugged me a bit. Gestures is OK but doesn't work everytime. I'd prefer the original buttons back without the issue above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze