Android 9/Emui 9 has made my mate 10 feel like a new phone

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a small gripe with the update. the calendar icon I'm sure used to change for whatever day it but now it's stuck on 31?

I'm getting more and more gripes everyday. Hate the new volume controls and what a pain it is to choose ringtone or media volume.
I hate when playing music over Bluetooth the sound stays muted on one speaker after you get a notification.
It just seems really buggy in places

turbogo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Updated Huawei Mate 10 Pro UK from EMUI 8 to EMUI 9 with Android Pie, and Eye comfort is now useless. There is virtually no difference between off & on max settings, it worked perfectly on EMUI 8. Not sure if this is a Huawei or Android Pie problem. I have very light sensitive eyes so this problem is really affecting me.

If you have light sensitive eye I would not update software.

hpjoan

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
There's also one thing I hate, the default picture contact. Now is displayed while in a call. I hate it. Is there any way to change it? I really hate it.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
There's also one thing I hate, the default picture contact. Now is displayed while in a call. I hate it. Is there any way to change it? I really hate it.

Glad it's not just me. Not just the call screen but for contacts too. The nature images are awful. If you add a photo or picture to each contact you'll get that on your call screen but obviously you can't do that for tonnes of contacts

Newport Dave

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Just received this update on Vodafone in the UK.
0750fb410c1cda175de1e636541d0fa6.jpg

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Getting frustrated waiting for Pie update on my US model. Is there any way to force the update, since it has started rolling out. With bootloader unlock being blocked by Huawei, I think it's time to move over to other Chinese products.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Getting frustrated waiting for Pie update on my US model. Is there any way to force the update, since it has started rolling out. With bootloader unlock being blocked by Huawei, I think it's time to move over to other Chinese products.

You're honestly not missing much my friend. It's quite buggy and the only real advantage I think is the improved camera app. Most of the other stuff is a step back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12