Beginning to Fall Apart

Carl Anderson

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Looks I can't wait for the war vs. Huawei to end before I get a new phone. I was hoping for a Mate 30 Pro in the U.S., but it looks like my Mate 10 Pro is going to die before that.

Has this happened to anyone else? The phone is beginning to separate. Just noticed it today.

Mate10Pro.jpg

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Is that the back beginning to pop off? If the battery is swelling, that device either needs to go or you need to replace the battery, immediately!

Carl Anderson

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Did you pick up the One Plus 7 Pro? Any thoughts if so?

I did.

It is a really good phone, but it isn't a Mate 10 Pro. There is a feel in the hand that the Mate provided that the OnePlus doesn't. Not to say the OnePlus is a bad, but I think the Mate was better. With that said, I did drop it a few hours after I got it and the case provided in the box did it's job. The semiglass screen protector cracked, but that was it.

Huawei does power management better than OnePlus at the moment. Feels like the battery life was better on the Mate.

I haven't had a problem with the photo quality, but I haven't done a close side by side. I know an update is coming, so I won't pay much attention until I get the update. Dang T-Mo approvals..

It is quick and responsive. Didn't take too long to get used to the different settings menu. I use Microsoft Launcher so I am not getting the full Oxygen experience nor did I get the full EMUI experience.

I'm keeping it. It is a quality phone.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Enjoy the OnePlus. The pic quality in Mate10 Pro is still better than the OnePlus7 in my checks.

I'm also used to themes and fonts which surprisingly aren't possible on the OnePlus. Guess a heavily skinned Android is what I can live with

Carl Anderson

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
So a quick update. I sent a request in to Huawei support a few weeks ago, and sent them all of the information requested. I was impressed that they responded so quick.

Then, they went radio silent for 2 weeks and I figured it was because the device was over a year old. I shot them an e-mail asking for an update, and they apologized and sent me a shipping label. Luckily, I have the phone so I am sending it back today. The e-mail came from warranty support. Wonder if I will get another Mate 10? Hmmm..

Will update as needed, but I was pleasantly surprised with the support so far.

Carl Anderson

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Well, Huawei repaired my phone and sent it back to me. I am looking at it now, and man is it beautiful. I will use the 1+ as my primary phone, but my work phone is now my Mate 10 Pro.

Now if I could just get EMUI 9.1 :)

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, Huawei repaired my phone and sent it back to me. I am looking at it now, and man is it beautiful. I will use the 1+ as my primary phone, but my work phone is now my Mate 10 Pro.

Now if I could just get EMUI 9.1 :)
Right on. Thanks for the update. Happy this turned out well for you.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue now. My phone is 18 months old now. Every few days, I take the phone out of the case and thats when I noticed it. Unfortunately, I've moved back to India and this phone never released in India. So, I can't get it repaired through Huawei centres here!!!

Was it a bulging battery for you? How much did they charge you for the repair?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay