10-29-2018 04:40 AM
30 12
tools
    Where .. and when.. can I buy a mate 20 pro in the USA?
    LonestarROB likes this.
    10-16-2018 11:19 AM
    Where .. and when.. can I buy a mate 20 pro in the USA?
    Probably Amazon but not much of a warranty from what I have read. This phone has every feature I want except a real US provider to support it.
    10-16-2018 01:01 PM
    I'm curious too. Wish it would work on VZW network
    recDNA likes this.
    10-16-2018 01:01 PM
    but when? I want to preorder.. somebody take my money!
    10-17-2018 09:09 AM
    I'm ready to put my money down on this phone. But, from everything I have heard and/or read it won't work on Verizon. I just don't understand why these big manufacturers just don't make these high volume high end phones to work with all Networks. They are already charging premium prices.
    10-17-2018 02:09 PM
    I really would consider this phone but let me tell you the downfalls after owning the p20 pro which shares the same lte bands. I am on TMobile btw.

no lte band 71, that's being rolled out big time this coming year. if it weren't coming to my area for another year or two it wouldn't be a big deal but I want to take advantage of it asap once available.

no wifi calling. I thought I could do without this but the signal is too weak in the new building I work at. I ended up missing some texts and calls.

also doesn't have band 66 not sure how important this band is as it's a subset of band 4.

Unfortunately some big deal breakers.
    10-17-2018 06:33 PM
    I really would consider this phone but let me tell you the downfalls after owning the p20 pro which shares the same lte bands. I am on TMobile btw.

no lte band 71, that's being rolled out big time this coming year. if it weren't coming to my area for another year or two it wouldn't be a big deal but I want to take advantage of it asap once available.

no wifi calling. I thought I could do without this but the signal is too weak in the new building I work at. I ended up missing some texts and calls.

also doesn't have band 66 not sure how important this band is as it's a subset of band 4.

If you use Google Voice you can probably just use that for WiFi calling. Ymmv.

As for buying it, I found it for just under a grand pre-order at Clove's online UK site and they ship to the U.S. if you pre-order before the 26th it qualifies for the free watch and wireless charger bundle from Huawei. Unfortunately, just twilight or black right now. I really want the blue with the hyper optical textured finish.
    https://www.clove.co.uk/huawei-mate-20-pro
    10-17-2018 07:44 PM
    I'm curious too. Wish it would work on VZW network
    I wish it would work on ANY American network
    10-17-2018 09:09 PM

And no warranty
    10-17-2018 09:10 PM
    I wish it would work on ANY American network
    If you already have good tmo in your area you should be fine as they are rolling 71 in rural areas to improve/add coverage where it was poor or missing before. For AT&T, band 30 is mostly used to alleviate congestion in major metros. Those towers also always have bands 12 and 17, and Mate 20 Pro supports 17, as well 2,4, and 5 also used by AT&T.
    10-17-2018 09:22 PM
    I work in Boston. People with tMobile I work with tell me their reception in buildings we work sucks. (Most have iPhones if that matters) Mine is OK with VZW, 2 to 3 bars in LTE. I never lose signal.

I would love to try a Huawei with tMobile or ATT but I worry I will lose signal.
    10-17-2018 09:24 PM

As for buying it, I found it for just under a grand pre-order at Clove's online UK site and they ship to the U.S. if you pre-order before the 26th it qualifies for the free watch and wireless charger bundle from Huawei. Unfortunately, just twilight or black right now. I really want the blue with the hyper optical textured finish.
    Interesting note about their promo offer:

"Dual SIM options

Huawei is only officially launching the Single SIM (LYA-L09) option in the UK. This is the only version that will be eligible for the free Watch GT & Wireless Charger bundle.

A Dual SIM option is manufactured (LYA-L29). Clove Technology will look to import these in to the UK during November."
    10-17-2018 10:17 PM

But if you're outside of the UK you don't get the bundle cause it says the bundle is for UK addresses only correct?
    10-18-2018 07:50 AM
    I'm ready to put my money down on this phone. But, from everything I have heard and/or read it won't work on Verizon. I just don't understand why these big manufacturers just don't make these high volume high end phones to work with all Networks. They are already charging premium prices.
    Verizon doesn’t want huawei phones on their network. They tried with the mate 10 pro.
    10-18-2018 09:10 AM
    My Nexus 6P worked great for 3 years on Verizon. Just because they don't want it on their system does they mean that the device won't work perfectly.
    10-18-2018 09:49 AM
    My Nexus 6P worked great for 3 years on Verizon. Just because they don't want it on their system does they mean that the device won't work perfectly.
    But Verizon allowed the nexus and pixel phones on their network. Regardless of manufacturer. There’s no point in huawei putting money and resources into a carrier that doesn’t want their products used on there. It’s unfortunate because I think it would have been great for consumers and business alike.
    10-18-2018 10:13 AM
    I know VZW won't work due to lack of cdma. I want to know how well tMobile or ATT work. It is still missing some of their bands too. If either work really well I have some thinking to do. It is quite a risk to spend over a grand for a phone with only a 30 day warranty and no customer support whatsoever.
    10-19-2018 07:36 AM
    If purchase thru international version from aliexpress wiill we get better updates?
    10-20-2018 04:42 AM
    If purchase thru international version from aliexpress wiill we get better updates?
    All I use is the International versions of the mate phones, my mate 9 and mate 10 always get the updates at least a few weeks faster than the US versions.
    10-20-2018 11:20 AM
    All I use is the International versions of the mate phones, my mate 9 and mate 10 always get the updates at least a few weeks faster than the US versions.
    What carrier are you on ? How's the lte speeds and what build are you on
    10-21-2018 12:30 AM
    I'm on AT&T
    Attached Thumbnails Where can I by the mate 20 pro in the USA?-123625.jpg  
    10-21-2018 06:33 AM
    Attached Thumbnails Where can I by the mate 20 pro in the USA?-123626.jpg  
    10-21-2018 06:34 AM
    Thank you.

do you have face unlock
    10-21-2018 08:48 AM
    Thank you.

do you have face unlock
    Yes, I had that like 2 or 3 updates ago.
    10-21-2018 05:58 PM
    Thank you.

do you have face unlock
    International version of the mate 9 has a face unlock as well.
    10-21-2018 05:58 PM
30 12