Mate 20 X

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My 2 complains of the 20x would be 1) always on display did not display notices for WhatsApp or any app [or is it a setting issue? Would like to hear from anyone who could make it to do it?] 2) my photo album names keep turning off out of a sudden. See pic attached. Would like to hear from any who could tell me it's me, not the phone? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181210/4f060a441bd903810f6ac0aa228b740d.jpg

This is normal for Huawei's Always On Display. It only shows clock/date, calls, sms, music playing and battery. No email or 3rd party notifications can be displayed...much to all our frustration and constant requests for it

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
My 2 complains of the 20x would be 1) always on display did not display notices for WhatsApp or any app [or is it a setting issue? Would like to hear from anyone who could make it to do it?] 2) my photo album names keep turning off out of a sudden. See pic attached. Would like to hear from any who could tell me it's me, not the phone? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181210/4f060a441bd903810f6ac0aa228b740d.jpg
As dov1978 said above, the AOD only displays Huawei's core apps. Bummer, I know.

As far as the photos app goes, I use Google Photos, and have not had a similar issue as you are having. Are you using the Huawei stock gallery? If so, try using Google Photos.

tweety88901

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, will give it a try. The other thing about it was that when I changed to default lighter background, the album names came back
As dov1978 said above, the AOD only displays Huawei's core apps. Bummer, I know.

As far as the photos app goes, I use Google Photos, and have not had a similar issue as you are having. Are you using the Huawei stock gallery? If so, try using Google Photos.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
That's strange. Not sure what would cause that. Must be an issue with EMUI handling dark mode.
Let us know how Google Photos handles the issue if you decide to do that.
Thanks, will give it a try. The other thing about it was that when I changed to default lighter background, the album names came back

rosenr9286t

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered. Have been using a Galaxy Note 8 for a year, and my travel devices have been the Note 8, Galaxy Tab S3 for note-taking in interviews and observations, and a Surface Go LTE as my travel PC (need windows to runs some of the software we use).

Hoping to reduce my travel devices to 2 (I've found the Note 8 to be a great phone and good for brief notes, but not for the multi-page notes I generate in projects). I still have a Samsung Note 8.0 tablet with LTE which is a great size for the notes in projects, but the Android OS hasn't been upgraded in quite a while, and I still have to carry three devices.

From the reviews on the Mate 20 X, it seems that I may be able to use it for heavy-duty note-taking. I'm anxiously waiting for the arrival.

Ron

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Note taking works great on the M20X. I never thought I'd really use the pen that much, but I use it all the time. It's very accurate. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that it's a stand-alone accessory that cannot be attached to the phone or a case for that matter. It would be nice if someone would make a case with a slide-in slot for the pen.
Just ordered. Have been using a Galaxy Note 8 for a year, and my travel devices have been the Note 8, Galaxy Tab S3 for note-taking in interviews and observations, and a Surface Go LTE as my travel PC (need windows to runs some of the software we use).

Hoping to reduce my travel devices to 2 (I've found the Note 8 to be a great phone and good for brief notes, but not for the multi-page notes I generate in projects). I still have a Samsung Note 8.0 tablet with LTE which is a great size for the notes in projects, but the Android OS hasn't been upgraded in quite a while, and I still have to carry three devices.

From the reviews on the Mate 20 X, it seems that I may be able to use it for heavy-duty note-taking. I'm anxiously waiting for the arrival.

Ron

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Ron
Coming from a Note8 you are going to love the Mate 20 X especially for its incredible Battery Life, it will be Night and Day from your Note8.

I came from a Note8 to a Mate 20 Pro and I have not looked back, the battery life on these Mate 20 devices absolutely obliterates anything done by Samsung so far, I am blown away by how I can leave EVERYTHING On and the phone still gives me +7hours SOT with over 1day of usage.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It came with a tpu style case and a screen protector.
I bought more cases though. The one they provide doesn't protect the glass covering the rear cameras very well.
You can purchase a cover for the camera lens on eBay.
db773c55f51db1bcf53c6094e7e8568a.jpg

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I am in the US, I'm in Atlanta, my Huawei Mate 20 X EVR-L29 works perfectly for me, I get perfect 4G LTE on AT&T network, I've no complaints with this phone.
It's hands down the best phone made thus far !
If anyone is using this phone in USA it would be great to hear about it! Thanks!

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought it on eBay.
You can buy it off of eBay & Amazon.
I don't know if WiFi calling works, I never used when I had a post paid plan & I don't think it's an option with prepaid plans.
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Everything else works perfectly.
Where did you purchase it? Does wifi calling work? Thanks!

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
ATT wifi (and Volte) typically only works on ATT branded devices, but there are exceptions like the Pixel 3.(which I believe is a first)

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a mate 20 pro which is essentially the same phone on at&t in the US and I can't even find the option in settings to enable it. So you probably can't get it. I have the international model not the Chinese one.