Strange *click* sound... Anyone else?

HuwieM

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
I received my Mate 20 Pro - love it.

However... I'm getting these weird click sounds. Let my try to explain...

The click sound seems to come as almost an anticipation of audio. E.g when i'm scrolling through Instagram and hit a video, just before the video plays the weird click noise happens. This also happens when I open and close the Clash Royale app.. open the app *click*, close the app *click*.

It's driving me crazy! I even noticed it scrolling through an image album on Facebook.. when i scroll to a 'Boomerang', *click*. The click sound will happen only once while within the album and will only happen again if i close the album, reopen and scroll to the boomerang (or any moving image, i imagine).

This happens regardless of my sound settings - on mute, on loud, whatever.

I went into an EE store to see if they guy there had an answer and he was just as clueless.

The sound is certainly not a tone of any sort, simply a funny internal-sounding *click*.

SOMEONE PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT!!

tabberkev

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I'll answer here too, since you also mentioned it on a screen protector thread.

Yes, I have noticed the same faint click, but only when on mute. It's not bothering me that much, but it shouldn't be there. Hopefully can be fixed with a software update. Assuming it starts trying to fire up the speaker, then notices its on mute, so quickly turns the sound off again. Scrolling through facebook is the most noticeable.

HuwieM

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
Yes I have noticed this too. Should I return the phone. I noticed it more in Twitter.
We should all have 14 days (from purchase) to decide on returning the phone. I hope Huawei sort out all these issues with the software withing 2 weeks, or else there'll be a lot of returned devices and uphappy customers.

HuwieM

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
We should all have 14 days (from purchase) to decide on returning the phone. I hope Huawei sort out all these issues with the software withing 2 weeks, or else there'll be a lot of returned devices and uphappy customers.
Sorry, from receiving the phone, not purchase.

Prannay Reddy

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Has this issue been fixed? I bought a mate 20 Pro in India which runs on 9.0.0.113 and have this issue. No update yet. Should I return the device or wait for update??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11