Screen bleed mate 20 Pro

Tony Phillips2

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I've just noticed on my first nightshift that on darker backgrounds and apps/video that on the bottom right of the screen up about half way.. 3 want me to do a factory reset before they do anything but surely that won't fix it or am I been stupid?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what "screen bleed" means. I usually associate that phrase with broken tubes in the screen, meaning a screen replacement is in the near future.

Tony Phillips2

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Depends on what "screen bleed" means. I usually associate that phrase with broken tubes in the screen, meaning a screen replacement is in the near future.

I was on my nightshift and due to working in low level light I noticed the right hand side of the screen was lighter down the side, took it back into three and they are going to replace my handset, when they got stock that is.. Been told the 9th

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I was on my nightshift and due to working in low level light I noticed the right hand side of the screen was lighter down the side, took it back into three and they are going to replace my handset, when they got stock that is.. Been told the 9th

I've just noticed the same on my device while using in low light. Down the bottom right, down the side.

I better visit O2 this weekend!

Fingers crossed they're as accepting as 3 were for you!

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I've just noticed the same on my device while using in low light. Down the bottom right, down the side.

I better visit O2 this weekend!

Fingers crossed they're as accepting as 3 were for you!

Actually, right across the top of the screen too! Damn it!

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
i also noticed screen bleed right side, top and top left of screen on Mate 20 Pro. Will call sky mobile tomorrow and request a replacement.

Edit:

Having read here, it seems that the backlight bleed isn't an issue per se

https://m.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_20_pro-review-1845p3.php

Thanks for that.

I don't notice the screen bleed except in low light while using apps with a certain colour in the background, particularly Twitter on night mode. Other than then I haven't noticed it.

So I'll probably hold back on asking for a replacement....

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
With the app "device infor HW" and unter general -> touchscreen somewhere in the line says "LG" or BOE"
Thanks a lot, yep, it's a BOE
c0120dc448d8789cadbee55e597e861f.jpg

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Mine is going back, the green screen actually looked pretty terrible last night. Curiously I checked for this at the weekend and it was not there at all so feedback that this is phenomenon that appears and worsens over time seems to hold true.

Currys had no replacements to offer me so they are refunding it. Think I may just pick up a Note 9 and scratch that Note itch, it’s either that or the OP6T but there are a few too many compromises on that for me right now (no wireless charging, no always on display) The Note looks interesting and I have never had one so it should be fun!

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine is going back, the green screen actually looked pretty terrible last night. Curiously I checked for this at the weekend and it was not there at all so feedback that this is phenomenon that appears and worsens over time seems to hold true.

Currys had no replacements to offer me so they are refunding it. Think I may just pick up a Note 9 and scratch that Note itch, it’s either that or the OP6T but there are a few too many compromises on that for me right now (no wireless charging, no always on display) The Note looks interesting and I have never had one so it should be fun!

Fair enough. Shame it didn't work out for you. I think the phone has a lot to offer and now with the latest update the special video effects are there.

Perhaps Huawei should've delayed the release until they were sure all was ready to go!?

I think I'm going to return mine, I have the screen bleed, it's not bad and other than in low light in certain apps I don't see it, but it's there and that is enough to want to get a replacement.

Just need to talk to O2 and hope they have some in stock!

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
O2 are happy to replace my handset but they don't have any stock at the moment. They're happy for me to wait, as am I, to check in a couple of days time to see if they have stock.

The lady i spoke to rightfully pointed out the risk of getting a replacement with same issue. Maybe in the next few days Huawei may come out and say something official?
I don't really want to try a different phone, I may try and exchange once but if still the same issue I may be tempted to look elsewhere! we shall see!

JZ VR

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
O2 are happy to replace my handset but they don't have any stock at the moment. They're happy for me to wait, as am I, to check in a couple of days time to see if they have stock.

The lady i spoke to rightfully pointed out the risk of getting a replacement with same issue. Maybe in the next few days Huawei may come out and say something official?
I don't really want to try a different phone, I may try and exchange once but if still the same issue I may be tempted to look elsewhere! we shall see!

Units using Chinese BOE screens don't have this issue, just avoid LG ones. People on Huawei's forum have the brand of the display showing with an app. BOE is the main supplier this time LG is the backup one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173