How do you like it?

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I used Emui for about a couple of weeks. Works like it should. it's a launcher after all and it was fine.

A few things that is a bit annoying though

1) No swipe up for app drawer. I was spoiled by Nova with this nice feature.

2) When opening an folder, the pop up will appeared in the middle of the screen instead of near the app. Where it's more convenient and one handed friendly like in Nova.

3) App drawer is ugly. They need to update it and look more cleaner than it is right now. Nothing wrong with it though

Beside those everything works just fine. Works like it should. No slowdown or lag.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the mate 20 pro and switched from an HTC U11. I have always loved HTC phones and how fast and smooth they remain, but sadly HTC just seems to be going from bad to worse financially.

I'm loving the mate 20 pro. The battery is amazing. Never had a phone with a batter like this. Screen is great, nice and bright. UI is very smooth and to be honest, I don't have an issue with the UI at all. A couple of minor things but overall is fast and smooth.

The only thing that is weak on the phone is the sound through the loud speaker. Seems a little on the quiet side to me and not as good as the HTC phones. I tried with headphones and that's obviously better, but again, not as good as HTC but good enough.

It is missing WiFi calling, which I had on the HTC. Not sure why there is no WiFi calling, maybe something that will be unlocked in a future update since I read it was available and initially and went away with the first update.

Overall, a great phone.
Congratulations and welcome! :D

Yes, Huawei cannot match HTCs BoomSound at all or LGs DAC, but they do a good job for most in terms of audio, one of those areas we hope Huawei will push forward in next year, along with better Video Recording.

Absolutely agreed, the battery life is ridiculously good, no other Android Flagship matches the Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro and Mate 20 X in Battery Life :D

Heck even in the mid range Mate 20 Lite is amazing with its Kirin710 and 3750mAh battery, I was getting about 7-8hours SOT with the Mate 20 Lite, so around the same as what I am getting with the Mate 20 Pro.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No idea. I bought in unclocked at Car Phone Warehouse in the UK, but I'm using it on the T-Mobile network in the US. My last phone (HTC U11) had the WiFi calling option available, so don't suspect it's anything to do with T-Mobile.

What version of EMUI are you on? My phone is reporting the following:

9.0.0.122(C432E10R1P16patch02)

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
No idea. I bought in unclocked at Car Phone Warehouse in the UK, but I'm using it on the T-Mobile network in the US. My last phone (HTC U11) had the WiFi calling option available, so don't suspect it's anything to do with T-Mobile.

What version of EMUI are you on? My phone is reporting the following:

9.0.0.122(C432E10R1P16patch02)
Looks like I'm on the same version as youScreenshot_20181204_234733_com.android.settings.jpeg

JaimitoFrog

Dec 27, 2018
Visit site
Ugly, bloated icons plus the notch make this phone a no-go, sadly.

"Sadly" because the phone is beautiful and it had excellent battery life.

Oh, and the ****-taking price tag.

The notch can be made non visible via a software setting. It is sleek and basically set the notification icons white on black background.
I use MS launcher and it is excellent.

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Honestly can't believe the lack of responses or action on this page...
It was one of the deciding factors why I decided on the Pixel 3XL.
Still very intrigued with this phone tho, definitely the latest and greatest, but, the Pixel has been awesome!!

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
While I was waiting for the release of the 3xl my Son's S7 gave up the ghost. I gave him my 2xl and used an upgrade I had to get the P20 Pro. I enjoyed that phone so much that when my next upgrade was available I got the Mate 20 Pro. Class phone, probably the most advanced phone of the year. It does most(not all) things brilliantly. My Sons, including the one who has the 2xl were so impressed that they both got themselves a Mate 20 Pro, one of them had had nothing but iPhones for the last 12 years or so and now says he wouldn't go back to ios. David UK.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Mate 20 pro...super excited..got free 500$ sennheiser headfones using Note 9 as my daily driver...will use mate 20 pro as 2nd phone ...will decide if it becomes my daily driver

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Jeetu let me know if you think its worth buying over note 9 as I am also using note 9. Like many I am also intrigued by pixel 3xl camera but hate that notch... till now only phone that I like more than note 9 is iPhone xs max... but it's not worth almost double the price of note 9 for which it retails in India...but for my use that's the most complete phone I have ever used ...

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Got my phone yesterday night. Till now I am loving this phone...

Attachments

• 20181229_114853.jpg
    20181229_114853.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20181229_114904.jpg
    20181229_114904.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 53

gnote2tmo

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 9 since launch and now the mate 20 pro for about 2 weeks. I'm selling the note! Enough said, never had such an awesome phone with super battery life, performance, always stays cool to the touch, also love the way it feels in the hand, much much better than the brick feeling note. Shame on Samsung for barely giving me 5ish hours screen on time in just 9 hours of usage before dying. The mate consistently gives me 8 to 10 hours screen time over a 24 hour period!!! Also, the phone is way smoother than the note.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 9 since launch and now the mate 20 pro for about 2 weeks. I'm selling the note! Enough said, never had such an awesome phone with super battery life, performance, always stays cool to the touch, also love the way it feels in the hand, much much better than the brick feeling note. Shame on Samsung for barely giving me 5ish hours screen on time in just 9 hours of usage before dying. The mate consistently gives me 8 to 10 hours screen time over a 24 hour period!!! Also, the phone is way smoother than the note.
Indeed!

It is now 8:30PM, I took my phone off charge at 8AM today, that's over 12 hours usage, I am still at 51%, I can probably get another work day out of it but I'll charge it tomorrow around mid-day

It's so good it should be illegal.

By this point my Note8 would have been around 15%.