Why is zoom disabled when you have it on 40 megapixels? I understand that the zoom camera is not 40m but that not a reason to remove zoom. The resolution changes to 20 megapixles anyway when you use the wideangle. Makes it really annoying to go into setting and change resolution when you want to take a wideangle shot. Huawei forces us to have the cam on 10 megapixles...

AT LEAST when you change it to 40m in PRO mode, it doesnt have to change in the regular photo mode. But it does...

Can we hope for a future update fix on this?

Good camera, really bad software.
    mrmadcat likes this.
    11-19-2018 09:09 AM
    The 20MP resolution and the 40MP resolution aren't just setting something something differently, they're two different cameras, and the 40MP camera may not have a zoom lens. (And digital zoom is the same as cropping a small part of the picture, then enlarging that portion, so you're back to 20MP if you "zoom" it 2X, lower resolution if you "zoom" it more.)

That can't be "fixed", it would need a different 40MP camera.
    11-19-2018 04:09 PM
    None of the cameras have a “zoom” lens.
    11-19-2018 05:00 PM
    The 20MP resolution and the 40MP resolution aren't just setting something something differently, they're two different cameras, and the 40MP camera may not have a zoom lens. (And digital zoom is the same as cropping a small part of the picture, then enlarging that portion, so you're back to 20MP if you "zoom" it 2X, lower resolution if you "zoom" it more.)

That can't be "fixed", it would need a different 40MP camera.
    Thats not my point. When you choose to use the 40m resolution, it removes the ability to use the 20m wideangle camera.

Example, if i want to take a wideangle photo, i have to go into settings, set the camera to 10m and then "zoom" out to get the wideangle camera.

How is this logic?
    11-20-2018 04:00 PM
    40m wasn't meant to zoom in or out. I get what you mean, you have to go into the settings to mess with the focal lengths. Thats just how it is. Until Huawei decides to change that then there's no other way, but to mess with the settings to zoom
    11-21-2018 07:43 AM
    Thats not my point. When you choose to use the 40m resolution, it removes the ability to use the 20m wideangle camera.

Example, if i want to take a wideangle photo, i have to go into settings, set the camera to 10m and then "zoom" out to get the wideangle camera.

How is this logic?
    I get you, however to take wideangle you can go to NIGHT mode and zoom out to take wideangle and macro @40MP mode
    11-21-2018 12:06 PM
    I get you, however to take wideangle you can go to NIGHT mode and zoom out to take wideangle and macro @40MP mode
    Yeah i noticed that, but it not the same.

I dont know why the wide angle is connected to the zoom bar. It should be a own button or category in the camers modes
    11-21-2018 03:38 PM
    Yeah i noticed that, but it not the same.

I dont know why the wide angle is connected to the zoom bar. It should be a own button or category in the camers modes
    Im curious, why is it not the same? Because it takes a few secs before the picture is taken in night mode? Or are there other options in 10MP and wideangle?
    Its zoom out 0.6x that enables this wideangle right?

I agree there should be a own button, also for macro. Makes no sense to have macro mode at night, or am I missing something?

Im new to Huawei, coming from Samsung.
    11-21-2018 04:12 PM
    Im curious, why is it not the same? Because it takes a few secs before the picture is taken in night mode? Or are there other options in 10MP and wideangle?
    Its zoom out 0.6x that enables this wideangle right?

I agree there should be a own button, also for macro. Makes no sense to have macro mode at night, or am I missing something?

Im new to Huawei, coming from Samsung.
    Beacuse using nightmode and also portrait mode you are only limited to 10mp no matter what cam you use.
    11-22-2018 03:10 AM
    Aha, I see now 10MP is selected at night mode. Wasnt aware of that.

Huawei should fix this.
    11-22-2018 03:20 AM