Took the plunge on the pro from Amazon. Currently have note 9. Changing for no other reason than boredom.

Gone for twilight, can imagine the software is going to have some real annoying bugs! And will I ever see an update who knows.

Camera should be decent though.
    ckfilmstar likes this.
    03-04-2019 05:23 PM
    Took the plunge on the pro from Amazon. Currently have note 9. Changing for no other reason than boredom.

Gone for twilight, can imagine the software is going to have some real annoying bugs! And will I ever see an update who knows.

How did u like your note 9? Looking to buy a either a not 9 or s9
    03-04-2019 05:39 PM

I've had in the shopping cart about 3 times on Amazon... Just fear the green screen & bugs. Struggling between instant gratification on the Mate and waiting for the P30 Pro which I hope solves a few of the issues but then again I don't even know the bands that the P30 will have and I know the Mate is fully compatible with my Google Fi. Who did you get it from on Amazon? I was trying to get one that was a later production but it seems not many can answer that question.

Good luck. Make sure you update us!
    03-04-2019 06:40 PM
    The international version have received tons of updates. A lot of bugs have been fixed since it first came out.

And the camera is better than the Note 9. Much more versatile and significantly better in low light.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it.
    03-04-2019 08:20 PM

software bugs hahaha.so far i only found 2 bugs...and as for camera,its gonna blow the Note 9 away xD
    03-04-2019 09:28 PM
    I've had in the shopping cart about 3 times on Amazon... Just fear the green screen & bugs. Struggling between instant gratification on the Mate and waiting for the P30 Pro which I hope solves a few of the issues but then again I don't even know the bands that the P30 will have and I know the Mate is fully compatible with my Google Fi. Who did you get it from on Amazon? I was trying to get one that was a later production but it seems not many can answer that question.

Good luck. Make sure you update us!
    youre looking for the 6/128 or 8/256?i would recommend buying from Singapore.
    03-04-2019 09:29 PM
    I'm looking for 8 / 256 - I'm in the USA. I would really like to find someone with a later production model.
    03-04-2019 09:40 PM
    I'm looking for 8 / 256 - I'm in the USA. I would really like to find someone with a later production model.
    If im not wrong. Most sold in Singapore and Indonesia are later models. I bought mine in Indonesia and it has BOE screen. My previous 8/256 from Singapore also has the BOE screen.
    EricMartinSoCal likes this.
    03-04-2019 10:53 PM
    Got my from Canada and I did mail it back for edge green screen issues on a LG panel. They replaced the screen to BOE and it is perfect now. So if you are in NA, better to go with a Canadian model since they will have warranty support.
    03-04-2019 11:21 PM
    Let me know if the software is any good and if you indeed do receive any updates ever!
    03-05-2019 03:25 AM
    I came to mate 20 pro from note 9 for no reason.. I think boredom as well... The camera on mate is amazing... There are no software bugs but you will miss the AOD from Note 9.

03-05-2019 11:17 AM

You sound very enthusiastic...

All the best!
    03-05-2019 04:49 PM
    Well I'm kind of not, I mean I'm a phone geek and as I say done through boredom.
    When you start reading about the green screen, double sided tape on the memory card connector, the lack of proper aod.

Why did I buy it again 😂
    03-07-2019 03:05 PM
    Best phone I have ever had.

Only couple of niggles

1. Heavy
    2. Night time shots not amazing.
    03-07-2019 03:06 PM
    Just back from business. Wife has told me it's arrived so will be setting up tomorrow . . .if phone clone works.
    03-07-2019 03:06 PM
    Will do. My colleague, who I had never met before, strangely had this phone! Small world. It's running pie. And portrait mode looked very impressive.

Notch was a bit of an eye opener as never had one.

He came from pixel two, his view on the skin emui or something? He said it was "ok"
    03-07-2019 03:09 PM
    Just back from business. Wife has told me it's arrived so will be setting up tomorrow . . .if phone clone works.
    What do you think then??
    Eggmundo likes this.
    03-11-2019 08:34 PM
    Best phone I have ever had.

Only couple of niggles

1. Heavy
    2. Night time shots not amazing.
    I thought night shots were supposed to be great.
    03-12-2019 04:01 AM
    I thought night shots were supposed to be great.
    Don't think he meant the Mate20Pro cause he also mentioned the phone just arrived so he haven't even used it yet.
    03-12-2019 04:42 AM
    Yeah, think he meant his Note 9.
    Don't think he meant the Mate20Pro cause he also mentioned the phone just arrived so he haven't even used it yet.
    03-12-2019 07:01 AM
    Can anyone make heads or tails of what is actually happening here
    03-12-2019 11:29 AM
    used now for two weeks.

Torn.

Preface: After returning the note 9 ended up 150 pound better off. So this has to be weighed against everything.

Hardware. Beautiful, love the twilight colour. Screen great. Bright, vivid.

fingerprint reader. fine, it's just those tech clowns that even consider milliseconds. it's really good.

face unlock has me very impressed.

Camera. Excellent. Night shots. much better than Note 9.

Turbo charger very FAST !!

The rub . . .

software.

This is what annoys me, when I spend this kind of cash on a flagship I don't want to mess with new launchers etc.

I found this to be inadequate. No double tap to lock. no swipe down to bring shade down. no swipe up for app drawer. there's more.

Using Nova for the first time ever. It's making it much better.
    notifications are a right mess. because of the notch there isn't much room. it permanently shows Bluetooth NFC (wtf) vowifi and signal. that means no space left!!!

so you never know what you have!

bearing in mind what I said about the launcher that is a bloody pain !
    03-17-2019 04:41 PM
    Agree that Notifications is a mess. If you are using Nova launcher, there is a way to hide Bluetooth NFC icons. Just google it, you will find the solution.
    used now for two weeks.

Torn.

Preface: After returning the note 9 ended up 150 pound better off. So this has to be weighed against everything.

Hardware. Beautiful, love the twilight colour. Screen great. Bright, vivid.

fingerprint reader. fine, it's just those tech clowns that even consider milliseconds. it's really good.

face unlock has me very impressed.

Camera. Excellent. Night shots. much better than Note 9.

Turbo charger very FAST !!

The rub . . .

software.

This is what annoys me, when I spend this kind of cash on a flagship I don't want to mess with new launchers etc.

I found this to be inadequate. No double tap to lock. no swipe down to bring shade down. no swipe up for app drawer. there's more.

Using Nova for the first time ever. It's making it much better.
    notifications are a right mess. because of the notch there isn't much room. it permanently shows Bluetooth NFC (wtf) vowifi and signal. that means no space left!!!

so you never know what you have!

bearing in mind what I said about the launcher that is a bloody pain !
    03-20-2019 04:50 PM