[HELP] M20 PRO Notifications not showing up on time

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an issue with my M20P. I got the phone 12 days ago and everything was fine with notifications up until a few days ago. As of right now, I am NOT receiving or am receiving delayed notifications for whatsapp, gmail, FB, messanger on time. They're constantly late and usually show up only when I actually go into one of the apps, then the content shows up and syncs, I guess.

I decided to manually launch important apps such as gmail, messanger, whatsapp and I checked all 3 boxes (primary, secondary and background launch). And this morning, after some 9 hours of not touching the phone, I woke up and there were some notifications (quite a few actually) and I was happy thinking the issue's gone but I was curious why there were no messanger and gmail notifications (two of my most active apps) and I was right... as soon as I entered gmail, the mail that I did NOT receive notification for came on top of queue and messanger literally blew with how many notifications came at once. Other apps, less important, followed with some notification.

I'm worried because I actually decided to manually launch apps I use the most and still, the issue persists, even though most of users had this sorted with manual launching...

So yes, manual launching did not fix it for me

I also ignored battery optimization - still the same.

TLDR: The notifications either come late after some 45min+ of the locked turned off screen or dont come at all unless I enter the app and refresh myself.

Is there anything else I should do and what?

And also, I have found out that this has only happened thus far on WiFi, my home WiFi. Mobile data doesn't seem to be affected. Could it be a router specific issue? I have Ubee router

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you have those apps set as 'Priority' in the notification settings. That made a big difference for me for apps I had issues with

Attachments

• 22391.jpg
    22391.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 20

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Any update on this? I too am not getting notifications in a timely manner on my mate 20 pro. I did all the settings that have been mentioned on the mate 20, but still no notifications on certain apps. How do I know? Because I still have my pixel 3 and that shows the notifications from the same apps that I have on my mate 20.

Thanks,

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. News app notifications aren't coming in. Local news app or even CNN notifications. I did "whitelist" those apps.

Suggestions?

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. News app notifications aren't coming in. Local news app or even CNN notifications. I did "whitelist" those apps.

Suggestions?
Like I mentioned in the other thread. Change your notification type to DOT notifications.