US users - where did you buy your Mate 20 Pro?

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Highly considering getting one as now the price is lower than it was before. For those who got it in the US, where did you get yours from? Amazon? Anything I need to make sure to look out for? Does the international unlocked version come with the US charger? Not a big deal if it does not as I have other chargers to use, but wondering if it does or not.

Also, I'm sure there won't be any issues, but any problems with using it on AT&T?
Google Apps no issue because of the ban?

Thanks for any inputs,

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Got mine on ebay, but Amazon selling them cheap right now

Cool. Yea, thinking about getting it from Amazon. Any regrets at getting it? This was the phone I really wanted to get when it was released, but the price was too high. Now that the price has dropped, very tempted.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Cool. Yea, thinking about getting it from Amazon. Any regrets at getting it? This was the phone I really wanted to get when it was released, but the price was too high. Now that the price has dropped, very tempted.

Versatile camera is superb
Charges super fast wired and wirelessly
Long battery life
Amazon build quality
Screen is great
3D face unlock and in display fps works great and fast

Only thing is the future of Google's support

But with the price in Amazon, it's the best phone for the value.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Versatile camera is superb
Charges super fast wired and wirelessly
Long battery life
Amazon build quality
Screen is great
3D face unlock and in display fps works great and fast

Only thing is the future of Google's support

But with the price in Amazon, it's the best phone for the value.

Just got my Mate 20 pro order from Amazon. Can't beat that price! Loving the phone so far!

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Also got my Twilight Mate 20 Pro off of Amazon. Price was great. Only have done 2 full charges as of this writing. Screen is MINT. No GlueGate, Green Screen, whatever they're calling it now. Still on EMUI 9.0 after looking for updates daily. I know it is scheduled to receive 10 as a rolling update. Really no complaints ... yet. Getting use to the OS takes some time after having Pixel 3 (which I'm keeping!) on Android 10.
Cheers!

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Also got my Twilight Mate 20 Pro off of Amazon. Price was great. Only have done 2 full charges as of this writing. Screen is MINT. No GlueGate, Green Screen, whatever they're calling it now. Still on EMUI 9.0 after looking for updates daily. I know it is scheduled to receive 10 as a rolling update. Really no complaints ... yet. Getting use to the OS takes some time after having Pixel 3 (which I'm keeping!) on Android 10.
Cheers!

I am exactly on the same boat as you! I still have my Pixel 3XL as well. Got the mate 20 pro because it was the phone I wanted last year when it was released, but due to price and no USA warranty, I didn't feel comfortable having it be my main phone.

I am amazed at the battery life! Way way better than my pixel. No gluegate nor green screen as well.

The only issue I have with it.. is that it feels too light and thin, which makes holding it a bit of a challenge as I feel I could easily drop it. I am waiting till a thicker case protector that I have ordered comes in which will hopefully provide more bulk and thickness to it to make it hold easier.

The "extra" useful bits that comes with EMUI (knuckle knock for screen shot, split screen knuckle, app lock, etc), all other android phones should have.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Some shortcomings of Emui that I was immediately made aware of. Holding app icon doesn't do much, except for uninstall option. On Samsung devices holding an app icon allows far more choices. Using the theme store is also a choir. Checking data usage on WiFi or mobile data is also painful compared to one UI. Also, changing notification sounds etc is not Independent , meaning you get notifications sounds busting ear drums when on a call unless you are globally set to silent alert. Vibration intensity or pattern cannot be changed either.

6 out of 10.