Due an upgrade soon, what do I go for?

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Well I was hoping to get the Mate 30 Pro but without Google or a chance to sideload it, I'm a bit stumped. My Mate 20 Pro is still the best phone I've ever used by a country mile and I'd like to stay with Huawei but choices are limited... Any ideas please? Thanks, David.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you need an upgrade? If not, stay with what you like.

If you do, in what areas? Different phones are better for different things. Taking pictures? Videos? Gaming? You decide that first. (My decision is always 1. Does Otterbox make a case for it, 2. Is there a version of TWRP for it and 3. How's the company customer service. Those are important to me. A 40MP camera doesn't matter to me - I'm not making any enlargements, and a 12MP picture looks about the same on the phone's screen. But I want backup, rooting and a very protective case. Your needs are probably different.)

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I am pretty sure there are plenty of workarounds to sideload google. I have already read about several. some even got google pay to work. but like rootiing, it could break at anytime. IMO, if you like the pro, get it. eventually the politicians will get the payoff they are looking for and google will be back.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Well I was hoping to get the Mate 30 Pro but without Google or a chance to sideload it, I'm a bit stumped. My Mate 20 Pro is still the best phone I've ever used by a country mile and I'd like to stay with Huawei but choices are limited... Any ideas please? Thanks, David.

I think Mate 20 is superb phone and will be for coming year as well iam using it for nearly 11 months now and still think it's the best all rounder I aslo use Note 10 plus.. Both are my favs...
But if u really need the Mate 30 pro wait for few days the latest news I heard is soon Huawei will get licence back to work with Google...
So I say wait a few days and buy...
Iam also eyeing the mate 30 pro but with leather back model... Tried that all flagships phones have glass backs

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I think Mate 20 is superb phone and will be for coming year as well iam using it for nearly 11 months now and still think it's the best all rounder I aslo use Note 10 plus.. Both are my favs...
But if u really need the Mate 30 pro wait for few days the latest news I heard is soon Huawei will get licence back to work with Google...
So I say wait a few days and buy...
Iam also eyeing the mate 30 pro but with leather back model... Tried that all flagships phones have glass backs
Thanks for that, I've decided that if I can't get the Mate 30 Pro at the moment then I'm going to use my upgrade to get the Pixel 4XL and give it to my wife. I've then got another upgrade due around February which, hopefully, I can use to get the Mate 30 Pro if all this Trump thing is sorted.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I personally wouldn't buy a device with a view of sideloading apps on it. I however would embrace a device free of Google apps for educational purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech