Android 10 for mate 20 pro

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Mmmm, did you tried selecting Don't optimise for Gsam? I'm going to leave it that way for a day and see what happens. Not sure why I didn't try it before :(
Yes, all that was done, optimization off and app launch was set to manual keeping app to run in background. It's not that it wasn't logging data, but the data it was logint was completely wrong. Only feature that worked was perhaps the " since last screen off" measurement. The figures gsam was showing was like used 5% in 48 hours with 14 hours screen time lol

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, all that was done, optimization off and app launch was set to manual keeping app to run in background. It's not that it wasn't logging data, but the data it was logint was completely wrong. Only feature that worked was perhaps the " since last screen off" measurement. The figures gsam was showing was like used 5% in 48 hours with 14 hours screen time lol
Oh well, no much hope for me then.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried it?
Three cycles and it seems to be working. Funny reading for WiFi battery percentage but the rest seems good and similar to the stock stats.

This is what I did, force stop and clear data for Gsam, select don't optimise, open it and leave it alone for a while until finishes calculation, charge and it should be fine.

Remember that this is with an OP 7.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Three cycles and it seems to be working. Funny reading for WiFi battery percentage but the rest seems good and similar to the stock stats.

This is what I did, force stop and clear data for Gsam, select don't optimise, open it and leave it alone for a while until finishes calculation, charge and it should be fine.

Remember that this is with an OP 7.
LoLz , . I was referring to Huawei Emui 10 and GSAM and Accubattery not working properly on it.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Yes, but the same problem happened with other phones after Android 10 including OP. It seems more related to 10 than to an specific brand.
After EMUI 10, I reset device and started from fresh , same issue with GSAM and Accubattery Pro. The issues were not related to the aggressive power saving features of Emui 9.1, which required me to allow those two apps to be always running in the background. They were also allowed to run in background in Emui 10. In any case, I'm happy to still be on EMUI 9.1,