No notifications from certain apps

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I know it has been posted and written about, but following the directions still does not work on the apps where I want notifications to show

https://www.androidbeat.com/2019/02/fix-no-push-notifications-apps-huawei-mate-p20/

I also have a google pixel 3 with same apps and those notifications show up.

Any other suggestions?

Have you tried resetting your app permissions? Go to settings, then apps, then hit the 3 dots in the the top right corner to open the menu, and hit reset app permissions.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I ended up disabling power genie, battery life is still excellent and all notifications come through fine.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried resetting your app permissions? Go to settings, then apps, then hit the 3 dots in the the top right corner to open the menu, and hit reset app permissions.

Yes. I have done that to the app in question. Still no notifications. It seems to only really happen with news app, both local and international.. i.e CNN, Google News, etc.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Yes. I have done that to the app in question. Still no notifications. It seems to only really happen with news app, both local and international.. i.e CNN, Google News, etc.

I meant reset app permissions as a whole. Not by going to app Info and doing it for Individual apps.... It resets all app permissions to factory settings. You will have to allow app permissions again as you open apps that you use. It also enables any apps you disabled. If that is what you did already then disregard...

Look at your notification logs. It shows public and private notifications that your device has received. It will tell you you're even getting notifications from that app.

Make Notification Log Widget:
-Press and hold finger on an empty spot on homescreen
-Select widgets
-Scroll down to settings shortcut and press and hold on it to bring it to your homescreen. Then a list pops up. Scroll down to notification log and click it.
-Then just click on it to open it.

Try to generate a notification from the app then check the log.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I meant reset app permissions as a whole. Not by going to app Info and doing it for Individual apps.... It resets all app permissions to factory settings. You will have to allow app permissions again as you open apps that you use. It also enables any apps you disabled. If that is what you did already then disregard...

Look at your notification logs. It shows public and private notifications that your device has received. It will tell you you're even getting notifications from that app.

Make Notification Log Widget:
-Press and hold finger on an empty spot on homescreen
-Select widgets
-Scroll down to settings shortcut and press and hold on it to bring it to your homescreen. Then a list pops up. Scroll down to notification log and click it.
-Then just click on it to open it.

Try to generate a notification from the app then check the log.

I can't seem to find the Notification Log widget when making a settings shortcut. Notification log is not one that is listed. I am on EMUI 9. Is it located somewhere else? That log would be very helpful if it shows if I am even getting notifications from that app at all.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I can't seem to find the Notification Log widget when making a settings shortcut. Notification log is not one that is listed. I am on EMUI 9. Is it located somewhere else? That log would be very helpful if it shows if I am even getting notifications from that app at all.

I googled about it and it said the notification log was removed on your device. Weird. But I also googled about your problem and, just like neil74 said, disabling the battery saver option fixed notifications for others. I would give that a try. I will keep looking for a way to solve it if that doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463