Hi guys,

I have a mate 20 pro and recently my mic sounds muffled, a lot of people have said I sound like I'm talking with a pillow over my head and they cna barely hear me but as soon as I switch to loudspeaker they can hear me very clear. Can anyone shed any light please? I've restarted phone several times which doesn't do anything. Thanks.
    11-17-2019 04:11 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Make sure the primary mic opening isn't blocked (e.g., clogged by lint). Also, try speakerphone -- do you still sound muffled?
    11-17-2019 11:13 AM
    Hi guys,

People can't hear me during calls, soon as I put it on loudspeaker they can hear me, I have tried to clear the mic holes out but still no change, also done factory reset but still no luck, at my wits end now, can anyone shed any light on it? Thanks.
    12-15-2019 12:23 PM
    You're bottom microphone/s is or are defective. The phone also has a top microphone which it uses for video/sound recording and also when in speaker mode. This is why you can be heard by other callers in loudspeaker mode but not when using the earpiece

You said originally that you sound muffled to other callers. Maybe the mic ports are just clogged up with grime or dust? There are 2 mics on the bottom of the phone, one at either side. Maybe worth putting something in there and trying to clear the holes. In this link you can see where they are and that you shouldn't cause any damage doing it

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...tom+microphone
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-15-2019 01:32 PM
    I merged your thread to your previous one asking about the same issue.

If the problem also persists in Safe Mode, then your primary mic is probably faulty: https://www.getdroidtips.com/boot-hu...pro-into-mode/. Contact Huawei if it's still under warranty, or otherwise bring the phone to a repair shop.
    12-15-2019 01:33 PM
    Thanks guys, I've cleaned both bottom mic holes several times and still no difference, I get told it's like I'm talking with a pillow over my head, I've tried in safe mode and same, looks like a repair under warrenty is in order.
    dov1978 likes this.
    12-15-2019 04:25 PM