Any Hope For Android 10/EMUI 10 for US Users? (Huawei Mate 20 Pro)

Leonel Funes

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Don't usually tread on this side of Mobile Nations, but I've been checking for updates for days/weeks now and my Mate 20 Pro but no luck with any updates. Tried using HiCare and VPNs to change regions but nothing yet. Is there any hope for us US users for getting the update (or follow the schedules of other regions to reuse a VPN for updates)?

(Side note, I saw a Mate 30 Pro in the wild—amazing looking device!)

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Change your region in Hicare to Singapore. Check the update again.

Worked for me. Been using Android 10 since Nov 2019

I changed my region to Singapore like you mentioned, but where did you check for updates? In the HiCare app or in system? I could not find where in HIcare app I could check for update. The only update it checks for is the app itself.

It is now in March and I have yet to receive any updates. I am still running on version 9.0.0.

Will this phone never get updated?

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I changed my region to Singapore like you mentioned, but where did you check for updates? In the HiCare app or in system? I could not find where in HIcare app I could check for update. The only update it checks for is the app itself.

It is now in March and I have yet to receive any updates. I am still running on version 9.0.0.

Before you could update your phone using Hicare, which is called Support now, but I don't see that option anymore

Try using HiSuite in your pc/laptop and try the update there. I recently updated my phone twice in the last month with that program.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site

Currently on 10.0.0.191 with January security patch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae