Will no proper Google Services keep you away?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You probably could. Unless there is some kind of Play services framework that can check the device?

I'm led to believe this is exactly what will be happening. Even if you sideload them Google will be actively working to stop you at every opportunity. I just don't think it's worth it. A bit like jailbreak iPhones where Apple are always closing the vulnerabilities and you're trying to stay ahead of them. You soon get tired of that.

Huawei were going to allow the bootloader to be unlocked but have done a U-turn on that. I honestly believe they're confident of being allowed to use Google again officially soon in the trade deal and that's why they've reversed that decision. We'll find out soon enough I'm sure

JesseMacoco

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Three things that make this device a non starter are price, the lack of a QHD display (no premium flagship device should ever ship with anything less than a QHD display), and Google's playStore. I don't really care about Google apps but I need that official Google PlayStore, play protect etc.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
The Mate 30 Pro is the highest rated smartphone camera on DxOmark with a mobile score of 121 (not surprised to be honest).

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
If I can use UK banking services(Barclays, Lloyds etc) and get the few Google apps that I need then I'm up for the Mate 30 Pro.. If not then the Mate 20 X 5g is the alternative as I'm due an upgrade in November.