We have a Huawei Mate 9! Ask us anything!

Daniel Bader

Managing Editor, Android Central
Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello! I (Daniel Bader) and Alex Dobie have Huawei's new Big Phone, the Mate 9, featuring the brand new Kirin 960 chip, a massive 4,000mAh battery, and a really interesting dual camera setup! And, of course, it runs Android 7.0 Nougat with the new EMUI 5.0 layer, and it's way better.

Interested in this new phone? Ask us anything!

Daniel Bader

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

DaveWalesUK

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Good Bye Samsung... Mate 9 here I come.

Hi, Just joined this forum as I have a couple of probably basic questions!
1) SD card memory. Can I add 256GB card and select that as the main memory. Will that be slower to use? ( I'm use to my Note 4 where the sd card is kept separate from main memory and can't be adopted )
2) I use Apex launcher at the moment. I hope to use that to allow myself an app drawer etc

Thank you

Daniel Bader

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
How brutal is the batterylife?

Brutal? I've only had the phone for a few hours, so I can't really speak to it just yet but a 4,000mAh battery with a 1080p screen is sure to be good.

Good Bye Samsung... Mate 9 here I come.

Hi, Just joined this forum as I have a couple of probably basic questions!
1) SD card memory. Can I add 256GB card and select that as the main memory. Will that be slower to use? ( I'm use to my Note 4 where the sd card is kept separate from main memory and can't be adopted )
2) I use Apex launcher at the moment. I hope to use that to allow myself an app drawer etc

Thank you

Hey, welcome!

1) I don't think you can do that... the Mate 9 doesn't support Adoptable Storage AFAIK, but you can insert a 256GB card and put most of your stuff on there.
2) You can definitely use Apex launcher instead of the main one.

Hope that helps!

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Will the Mate 9 work on all 4 carriers in the US? If so will and ATT and Verizon SIM card combo work? How's reception? Is the dBm better or worse than the S7?

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes, does Huawei sell this with the CDMA radios for Sprint?

That remains to be seen, however when Huawei announced this processor a few weeks back they mentioned that it carried CDMA capabilities. Just a matter of if they will enable them or not..and then a matter of if verizon and sprint choose to allow it on their networks.