Mate 9 cases?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've got an aluminum bumper on mine, with a skinomi to keep the back from getting scratches.

https://www.armorkingcase.com/blogs...num-bumper-metal-shell-case-for-huawei-mate-9

I got the black and purple one. Nice Decepticon colors. LOL

Only took a week to get here from China. I'm pretty happy with it. No signal degradation at all.

I got one very similar but it rested on the camera lens. I've read you can put a skin on the camera but that seems like it would interfere with the camera. Is that what you did?

MicroZone

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I got one very similar but it rested on the camera lens. I've read you can put a skin on the camera but that seems like it would interfere with the camera. Is that what you did?

The Skinomi skin has a little piece that covers the camera glass, but leaves openings for the dual lenses like it does on the front of the device. There's an opening for the mic as well.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Love the Nillkin Nature series. Have one on my 6P as well and is the closest thing to Naked other than a skin.

Completely side comment... I was looking back at this thread and scrolling through it and then I noticed what looks a lot like my car. So I stopped and wondered when I took those pictures. Closer look, it's not me. That's a CC, right? Not a whole lot of them out there and then with that same two-tone interior. I love it. I have a 2010 and it still looks brand new.

Ok... back to cases.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
If possible, can you post some of your own pictures of it? I think the ones on Amazon aren't very realisitc. I had a similar one with no plastic backing so it was pointless. Thanks!
The case feels solid, the side buttons are easy and no guess work. A photo doesn't do it justice.

It won't bounce, can't play bumper cars, not military hardware. But better than other three I bought. Think I'm seeing more now on amazon.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
4f9bac846cd38e625cfca62b72fd33a9.jpg

ea52496088961d65a0ae305873deaa45.jpg

a7429d6ebc4a14640b818c1227beefe0.jpg

Alex Man

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the Ringke Fusion smoke edged, and it's not bad. I would prefer if the lip came up a bit more to protect the edges. Otherwise, it looks great, and I like the plugs to protect the earphone jack and USB-C slot.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 cases (well 3 counting the little one that came with the phone). I first got the Ringke FUSION case. It's a nice, clear, lightweight case ($10.99 at Amazon). I like that it has dust covers for all the ports of the phone. I used it for 4 months. While it was a nice little case, I felt like it wasn't robust enough to survive a drop on concrete, and it had very little raised lip around screen. Was also a bit slippery. I then spent $29 on the Urban Armor Gear case. It's light, but a heavy duty and grippy case. Plenty of corner protection and a nice raised rim around the screen. I think my Mate 9 is about as well protected as it can be now.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 cases (well 3 counting the little one that came with the phone). I first got the Ringke FUSION case. It's a nice, clear, lightweight case ($10.99 at Amazon). I like that it has dust covers for all the ports of the phone. I used it for 4 months. While it was a nice little case, I felt like it wasn't robust enough to survive a drop on concrete, and it had very little raised lip around screen. Was also a bit slippery. I then spent $29 on the Urban Armor Gear case. It's light, but a heavy duty and grippy case. Plenty of corner protection and a nice raised rim around the screen. I think my Mate 9 is about as well protected as it can be now.

Just beware that UAG did it's drop test from 4' high into plywood. Their page mentions 4' but omits the fact that it's on plywood. Also the picture is a bit deceiving...

80ad1d5b52a409b400ed6d2363992058.png

https://urbanarmorgear.com/pages/military-spec

Not saying it's a bad case by any means, just wanted to clarify what they tested for.

br77494

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I remember reading that now. It is more protective than the Ringke case without a doubt. I don't plan on testing it, but - sooner or later - when I accidentally do, I'm sure it won't be on plywood! :-\