Verizon possibility... read before you say no.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
My best buy had one of the Mate 9's in stock so I grabbed it to do some testing. I have Verizon for work and At&t for personal. The phone has the 3g CDMA2000 1xEV-DO band which I figured should work for calls and texts on Verizon just like the OnePlus 3 does. I figured Id pop the sim into tray 2 and at least be able to make a call. Verizon Wireless shows up on the notification bar and I have full signal bars but when I try and make a call it says "dialing" for about 45 seconds then says mobile network not available. Im wondering if this is a possibility to get it working like the OnePlus 3 that has the same band. If I can at least get calls this phone is a home run for me.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Im trying to determine why it doesnt dial out even though it recognizes the sim and shows full signal. Any ideas on maybe some settings somewhere that need to be adjusted?

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
All settings are at : setting-dual sim management.

I would check all the settings there. I had mine set to sim1 as default dial which ATT. You can set sim 2 to behave the way you like. Data can only works one at time. I didn't try Verizon. My impression was this is GSM phone.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I changed the sim 2 to wcdma only and back to all bands but still no calls. Im not sure based on what OnePlus has listed as specs makes that device work and not this one since they have the same radios.

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
If I remember from the old 3G Verizon days, didn't you have to call them and give them the IMEI number off the phone to drop into their system? That might be the road block you're running into. Even if you're showing signal and service for Verizon, it's still not in their system.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If I remember from the old 3G Verizon days, didn't you have to call them and give them the IMEI number off the phone to drop into their system? That might be the road block you're running into. Even if you're showing signal and service for Verizon, it's still not in their system.

If it has b13 then it doesn't need to be in their system to work but Huawei decided not to include b13 so...