Anyone else find some apps just won#t run on the Mate? I'm in the UK, trying to use the Barclays banking app. But it crashes immediately on launch. It's a bit of a deal breaker (Not that I can return the mate) because banking is something I usually do on my phone daily. Also an agenda widget I had on my homescreen on my last phone. Just wouldn't run without crashing instantly either.
    I'm guessing there's nothing I can do about it but wait to see if it starts to work after a software update perhaps.

Anyone else find this with certain apps?
    01-19-2017 07:23 AM
    Have you tried using the mobile site with the browser?
    01-19-2017 09:02 AM
    Anyone else find some apps just won#t run on the Mate? I'm in the UK, trying to use the Barclays banking app. But it crashes immediately on launch. It's a bit of a deal breaker (Not that I can return the mate) because banking is something I usually do on my phone daily. Also an agenda widget I had on my homescreen on my last phone. Just wouldn't run without crashing instantly either.
    I'm guessing there's nothing I can do about it but wait to see if it starts to work after a software update perhaps.

Anyone else find this with certain apps?
    Have you tried going to security, Unknown sources enabled use of apps from non official sources???
    01-19-2017 09:19 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I can use the browser - I thought it needed me to carry the Pin Sentry card reader too, but thankfully it will let me log in via a pin number and memorable word - not too inconvenient. Perhaps a little more convenient to handle all my banking via the app, but I guess I can still do everything via the browser.

I've tried turning on Unofficial Sources but the banking app still crashes.
    Appreciate the ideas though, thanks
    01-19-2017 09:53 AM
    And they are compatible with 7.0?
    01-19-2017 12:50 PM
    I'm realising this is the problem. In Play Store for Barclays app there's a note saying they're working on a fix for the LG G5 on 7.0, so I'm guessing it's simply that apps need to be updated to work on that. An Android 7.0 problem rather than a glitch by Huawei
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    01-19-2017 12:56 PM