There are THREE charging speeds - did I miss that info somewhere?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just discovered there are THREE charging speeds on this phone: standard, fast and supercharge

I found this out because I bought this little Honor kit for $9 hoping I might get a supercharger out of it (the price has since doubled!). Turns out it's a Huawei charger but it only "fast charges" the Mate 9 according to the home screen. Actually has a really nice selfie-stick if you are into that.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M2ZXQ5C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also recently got this charger which also causes the "fast charging" notice. I got it for less that $20 though. And, FYI, it also indicates it fast charges my Nexus 6P.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4P06CO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did a very informal and unscientific test of the fast charging mode. I went from 72% to 86% in 13 min. As I understand, it slows down as it approaches full which I think it did around 90%. This was informal, did not check amperage or anything,

Did I miss this information about the three charging modes?

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I concur. I think there are charging speed from what I can tell. The one came with Mate 9 you get two large green lightning symbols, with Honor 8 charger, you get large symbol and smaller symbol, everything else you only get one single lightning symbol.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I concur. I think there are charging speed from what I can tell. The one came with Mate 9 you get two large green lightning symbols, with Honor 8 charger, you get large symbol and smaller symbol, everything else you only get one single lightning symbol.

I can barely see those charging symbols. That's what they are? Now I'll be able to interpret them better. I don't know why they went with such a tiny notification bar.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
When you put cable in just before the large green "bubbles" floating up, there is small print at the bottom: "super-charging" or fast or normal.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
When you put cable in just before the large green "bubbles" floating up, there is small print at the bottom: "super-charging" or fast or normal.

Yes, that was what I was using to identify the speed. I knew there were icons in the notification bar but I could barely see them.