Disconnect from power pop up message- how to get rid of it?

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
So I did a full FDR to try an fix my issue with not being able to run a few apps.(which fixed my Marriott app not being able to be installed or run!)
Now, for the life of me, cannot find the setting to get rid of the pop up that says disconnected from power. I didn't get that before the FDR. I thought I had read this in one of the forum threads but can't seem to find it. Anyone? Google has not been my friend on this one.
Screenshot_20170206-232901.jpg

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Happened to me with pop up msg when unplugged from power. Only for me doing standard reset got rid of it.

I thought it odd. Others weren't seeing it so I realized was not a universal bug.

Thought in my case a bad OS or because I first set it up without a sim card.

I was going to wait it out until an update to N. Didn't want to go through all the work. When I reset I set it up as new, avoiding restoring anything.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me with pop up msg when unplugged from power. Only for me doing standard reset got rid of it.

I thought it odd. Others weren't seeing it so I realized was not a universal bug.

Thought in my case a bad OS or because I first set it up without a sim card.

I was going to wait it out until an update to N. Didn't want to go through all the work. When I reset I set it up as new, avoiding restoring anything.

Thanks and very odd that this started to happen AFTER I did a full reset and a new non restored phone. I really didnt want to role the dice with another device reset just to see if this goes away. I may reach out to support to see what they say.

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
That is very strange, I have never seen such msg. I have the Mate 9 on the first week it was available at BB. Not that I want the msg on mine, just curious why is this happening?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I get it every time and I never did a FDR. It's annoying. You have to clear it before you can do anything else. I don't see any setting for it.

brandonh1

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
--- See UPDATE 2 below in this post if you want this fixed!---

I get the exact same thing too. After a couple days of searching settings, I am going to try a full device wipe today.

Very annoying.

--- Update 1 ---
Full device wipe fixed it. Thank God.

A couple of notes on this: 1) I did it from the recovery menu (power off, hold power button and volume up -- not from within system settings) 2) I setup the phone as a new phone and did not restore any settings from either google backup or Huawei backup.

--- Update 2 ---
Gradually started reinstalling apps 1 by 1 and the pop up reappeared. The culprit in my case was LastPass, and specifically when I turned on Accessibility Service Access for application auto-fill.

In short turning on Accessibility for for any application enables this pop-up.

If you want to fix this go into Settings -> Advanced settings -> Accessibility, and make sure that under Services, all applications are switched to OFF.

Very odd, but glad to have this solved.

Last edited:

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Brandon!!!! I actually spoke to Huawei support and they had no idea other than another FDR or replace the phone. 1Pass has the same issue for me.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow - That's awesome troubleshooting! Unfortunately for me, I don't want to give up that functionality from LastPass.