Anyone found a car charger that either fast charges or, even better, super charges?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
All I'm getting is regular charging. I am using an adapter that fast charged my Nexus 6P. I've learned that doesn't matter. Anyone found a car charger that operates at a faster charging speeds?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a couple from Anker. They're available on Amazon. They fast charge (QC2) my Note 5 and my Girlfriends S7. Supercharge if I'm not mistaken is slightly different.

Marsh Gelbart

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
It has quick charge 3. Fast charging is there in it.

Hi,
Yes it is, but not for Huawei gear. Sorry but your information is misleading.Qualcomm fast chargers are none compatible with Huawei products which use HiSilicon fast charger technology.
Anyone who follows your advice will have a charger that will work, but will neither fast charge nor supercharge any Huawei product.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
Yes it is, but not for Huawei gear. Sorry but your information is misleading.Qualcomm fast chargers are none compatible with Huawei products which use HiSilicon fast charger technology.
Anyone who follows your advice will have a charger that will work, but will neither fast charge nor supercharge any Huawei product.
Not sure where you got that info from but it's wrong. The mate 9 will take advantage of quick charge 2.0 and 3.0 however it isn't as fast as the proprietary Huawei supercharge. It all depends on the cable. If you use Huawei's cable with QC 3.0 chargers you will achieve speeds in the 2000+mA range. Without the Huawei cable you will be under 2000mA. With the Huawei block and cable you will be 3500+mA.

It will only say supercharge on the screen with Huawei's charger and cable. It will never say fast charging.

Marsh Gelbart

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I have a selection of Huawei Superchargers and Huawei Quick chargers. I also have Qualcomm 3 chargers. With the Supercharger and original cable the Mate 9 will show "Supercharge". With the Quick charger be it with its original cable or the one from the Supercharger. "Fast charge" is displayed. With a Qualcomm 3 charger, yes the mobile will charge. The display on the Mate 9 shows "charging" but no matter what cable you use, the speed of charging will never match either the Huawei Quick charge or Supercharger plugs.

Last edited:

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Have you measured the charge in ampere? I use an anker quick charge 3.0 charger with the Huawei cable an get upwards of 2400mA. With another cable I get around 1500mA using the same quick charge 3.0 block. With the Huawei charger and cable I get 3500mA up. Never has the phone said "fast charging" with any combination of blocks and cables. There's been multiple discussions on this very topic on XDA with the same results.

So no the speeds won't match but to say they aren't compatible and will not fast charge is not correct.

Marsh Gelbart

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I will measure the different chargers and cables this evening (UK time.) I can assure you though that if you use a Huawei Quick charger (as distinct from the Huawei Supercharger) on the M9, it will show up as "Fast Charge" with any Huawei cable.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I will measure the different chargers and cables this evening (UK time.) I can assure you though that if you use a Huawei Quick charger (as distinct from the Huawei Supercharger) on the M9, it will show up as "Fast Charge" with any Huawei cable.

Keep in mind, you are most likely on a different variant of the device. I have a Huawei Quick Charger coming tomorrow and will test it. So far the results I have are:

Huawei SuperCharger and Huawei cable - 3500+mA (SuperCharging)
Huawei SuperCharger and other cable - 1500mA (Charging)
Anker QuickCharge 3.0 with Huawei cable - 2000+mA as high as 2400mA (Charging)
Anker QuickCharge 3.0 with other cable - 1500mA (Charging)
ZTE QuickCharge 3.0 with Huawei Cable - 2000+mA (Charging)
ZTE QuickCharge 3.0 with other Cable - 1500mA (Charging)

Again, changing the cable makes the biggest difference because the Huawei cable uses 2 extra pins than a standard USB-C cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar